eleven ▷ another me

Delilah woke up that morning, extremely excited. So much so, she was up, and ready within 20 minutes. Something she hasn't managed to do since she went to go get Matt that one night. She wasn't exactly presentable, in fact, she didn't have any makeup on, her was up in a ugly bun, and she was in workout clothes. But that was fine with her. It wasn't like she had anyone to impress.

But she was so excited about her character reinvention, that she was ready to go by 9 in the morning, a true accomplishment for her, really. She skipped down the hall, definitely getting some weird looks from strangers, and coworkers alike. She reached his door within minutes and didn't even bother to knock on the door before just walking in.

"Jeff," she called out while walking in, looking around for him, however she didn't see him. But she heard the shower going, and loud music, knowing that he was there.

She smiled softly as she heard him singing along to Lithium by Nirvana.

Sighing, she plopped down onto his bed picking up one of the several books he had laying there. It was a drawing book, full of a bunch of his work, all unique, colorful, and almost a pop art type of style. Just by looking at it, she could notice the graffiti style within it.

It was so very Jeff, and she loved it. She hadn't really seen any of his work beforehand, and it was interesting to finally get to see it, and how talented he really was.

Curious, she grabbed the next notebook and realized it was all writing. For a second she was nervous to begin reading in fear that it was a diary of sorts, but then she quickly realized it was song lyrics.

Perhaps she shouldn't be going through his stuff like this, pausing for a moment, she shrugged that thought away as she kept reading. There was one titled Explanation that caught her attention.

The lyrics captivated her, and brought tears in her eyes. She didn't need to reread it to understand what it was talking about, she knew. It was painstakingly obvious. Sighing, she stared at the page, looking at all of the writing, but not reading a word of it as her mind drifted back to that day.

A huge part of her was curious to if the second part was about her, or was that to egotistical of her to think that? It could have been about Paul, Matt, or Vince. For that matter, it could have even been Amy, considering she was still around when that happened.

She was so absorbed in her thoughts in fact, that she hadn't even realized Jeff was out of the shower, until he sat down on the bed next to her, leaning over her shoulder to also look at the page.

Turning her head slightly, alarmed at how close he was, with only a towel on, her face turned slightly red. "Sorry," she mumbled the apology. "I didn't mean to go through your stuff."

He shrugged, silent for a few. "It's okay. The last notebook has your stuff in it if you want to check it out."

Delilah only nodded, still feeling slightly awkward. It was as if she was a little kid again, getting caught sneaking into the cookie jar. Nonetheless, she pulled out the notebook looking at a scribbled page, which she passed just to see a design of sorts. He even tried to design her ring gear?

Instantly she was in love.

The gear was black and silver, jumpsuit type, with matching wrestling boots. There was also another design of a body suit with the same color scheme, with beautiful designs, and lace in the right areas. Turning the page, she read over the lyrics written. The whole idea of it, having a character who thought no one else was like her or ever would be.

It was amazing to see how creative he was, in this sense too. What couldn't he do? He came up with characters, music, lyrics, poetry, art, had mic skills, and was an amazing wrestler.