twenty five ▷ i didn't want to talk to you

She had enough of being ignored. It was over a month by that point, and she couldn't handle it. It was a giant jumbled mess of anger, hurt, and confusion, and she didn't like it one bit. She wasn't about to let anything stop her from talking to him at this point, she was going to talk to him. Matt had told her that was what she needed to do, and he told her not to break anything, which she gave him no promises. She had nothing else to do but take Matts word for it, they were brothers after all.

The issue became when and where was she going to talk to him. She didn't want to do it at an arena, and cause a scene. He surely wouldn't want that, and she didn't either, especially after her scenes with the likes of Randy and Melina. That just left the hotel. Delilah had her means of finding out where his room was, in really creepy ways she would admit. But it was pretty stealthy. She didn't want to risk anything like last time. Maybe wrestling wasn't her destiny, perhaps she was suppose to work in the FBI. Or maybe she was a spy in a past life.

As she neared the room though, her stomach began twisting in a way she never had before. She was extremely nervous about this. Screw Jeff for making her feel like this. An by the time she got to his room, her emotions were bubbling at that point knowing that she was so close to talking to him.

Angrily, Delilah knocked on the door. She had tried it before, and he didn't answer. But he was going to this time, she'd make sure of it. He couldn't avoid her forever. When she grabbed the doorknob, she was surprised that it was just open. But she shook that off as she shoved open the door. What if it was open last time when she tried a few weeks ago? Maybe then things could have worked out sooner.

She slammed the door and then turned to him. "Jeff," she hissed as she saw him standing there looking at her dumbfounded. She didn't even know where to begin. "What's gotten into you? You haven't been talking to me."

"I didn't want to talk to you," he childishly mumbled as he crossed his arms. He felt like a little child getting caught doing something they weren't suppose to do. And with that the stupid guilty feeling began to gnaw at him. He hated that feeling, and he had it for weeks now, it was eating away at him. Every time he saw her, passed by her, he would feel it. Every time he had the urge to go over there and just hug her, but he never did. So he started to avoid her, he knew her schedule, and she wasn't that hard to avoid, despite the circumstances. Before know at least.

He had known that she would be hurt, he was just surprised that she didn't come screaming at him earlier than this. Perhaps it was because of what Matt had told her. Delilah never told him what Matt had said, but Matt did. Matt always ended up spilling to Jeff, especially since he was trying to push the same things he told Delilah onto him, but he was only preaching to the choir. Or maybe it was because of when he kissed her. He didn't know. Jeff didn't know any of her reasons.

But he also knew that she was going through a tough time, and he it was his fault for that. She was traveling by herself, but that wasn't the issue. It was the crap that Melina was giving her, and then for Melina to win the championship, he knew Delilah must be angry at that. And not to mention, he heard people talk, and some people did not have nice things to say.

"Well, we're gonna talk about it now," she declared. He was a grown man, and he was going to face up to it and talk to her about what was going on. They had to fix it, it was killing her.

Jeff was about to reply, but within seconds, he paled and hunched over, breathing heavily. Fuck, he thought. He knew he shouldn't have done that earlier.

"Jeff?" her voice lowered considerably as the worry was evident her tone.

But he didn't say anything as he ran to the bathroom. collapsing on his knees, and puking into the toilet. Quietly, Delilah followed him, and knelled next to him. She held his hair back for him since he had it down for once and rubbed him back.

She was still so angry at him, and wanted to talk to him about what had gotten into him, but she knew to put that aside. He was sick right now, and it was gross. But she stayed by his side despite that. With that, she began to feel a bit insensitive. Ignoring her was wrong, but maybe he did have a reason. Maybe something was going on with him. Had there been something she has been missing? There couldn't be, she had thought she had known Jeff.

But maybe she didn't know him as well as she wanted to. Or maybe she was the one who should be facing up to things, perhaps she was being a hypocrite. Knowing that it was just Matts words getting to her, Delilah squashed that doubtful voice that was inside of her head.

It was like that for a half hour, with him puking several times. He had tried to stand up, but ending up stumbling, so she got up and let him lean against her. It was slightly weird, since he was over a hundred pounds heavier than her, not to mention taller, but together they managed to walk him to the bed.

She left him sitting there for five minutes before coming back with a bottle of water, aspirin, and a piece of mint gum. "You need it," she smiled softly as she handed the items to him, where he graciously accepted it.

It was silent for a long time, him looking down, drinking his water and playing around with a pack of cigarettes. Delilahs eye never left him, as she calculatedly looked at him. And she may have sneaked a few glances at the cigarettes because she could have gone for one. Especially with how her stress levels were at the moment.

"I don't like fighting with you," he finally stated as his eyes met hers.

"Neither do I," she admitted softly. "Are you feeling better?"

He shrugged, "I could go for sleep right now."

Nodding, knowing she'd have to keep her mouth shut because sick or not she'd probably start persisting on what was going on with him.

"Delilah," he lunged forward grabbing her wrist. "Stay?"

She turned to look at him. Was he serious? After everything that happened? But something about the way he was looking at her, how vulnerable he seemed, Delilah couldn't find it in her to say no.

But she didn't say anything at all, she just sunk down onto the bed next to him, he opened the covers and they both crawled under the sheets. And as he wrapped both of his arms around her and pulled her close, Delilah felt her heart beat increase, but she couldn't help but notice that his was beating fast as well.

"I'm sorry," he whispered as he pressed his forehead into her shoulders almost in a nuzzling manor.

Delilah didn't know what to say. She didn't want to yell at him, but she didn't want to just say it was okay and leave it alone. Shifting, Delilah turned to face him and brought her hand up to mess with his hair that was still down and not tied back in his usual bun. "Why did you do it?"

She stared at his face as he closed his eyes. Instead of answering he just questioned her, "The day I snapped at you, what were you going to tell me?"

"I'm going to Wrestlemania," she bit her lip, that still sounded amazing. And it was enough to calm her down significantly, although as she laid next to his side, she was increasingly relaxing as the minutes rolled by.

He nodded, "Good, you deserve it."

It was silent for a few more moments as he stayed like that eyes closed, so Delilah decided to speak again, "Jeff?"

"Hmm?"

"I..." she paused wondering how she would word it. Or if it was worth even saying at this point. But there was a part of her that was practically begging for answers at this point. "I heard you that night. Talking to John and Adam."

He only returned with, "Matt told me what he said to start the fight between you guys."

And it was left like that. Nothing else was said that night. Both were stuck in their own heads, thinking, and basking in each others embrace until both fell asleep.