The Huntress

It was a crisp and French morning. The ground was wet with a fresh layer of dew. The sun had barely risen over the horizon. Twas a nearly perfect morning for a hunt. Gaston has his sights on his hunting musket centered in on an innocent and meek, deer. He was patiently awaiting for the correct moment to apply the right amount pressure on the trigger.

Boom! He fired as he watched the creature before he eyes crumble to the earth floor. He slung his hunting rifle around his shoulder, he would usually have Lefou harvest his kill, and bring it to him so he could skin and gut it, and salvage any meat. He ventured as a single man this morning.

Gaston sensed another presence among him and when he heard the sound of crunching leaves, he swung around with his hands in the air and was taken aback slightly. For it was a woman, a huntress who had her bowed aimed at his heart, the arrow would penetrate through his spine. "State your business, I am not afraid to shoot." The mysterious mademoiselle demanded not daring to lower her weapon.

"Same as you, mademoiselle I presume." Gaston replied warily. He had never seen such a woman in his all his lifetime. "I understand but how dare you go after my meat?" She raised an eyebrow, pointing the arrow pass him and at the lifeless creature. "Your deer?" Gaston gaped and sure enough when he turned around and was able to clearly see the long and slender arrow sticking out of the deer.

"My apologies. I do not believe we have made acquaintance. I am Gas-" Before, he could utter another word you cut him off abruptly. "Save it. I know who you are. You're Gaston. Everyone does." You finally loosened your grip on the arrow and returned it back inside your quiver. Gaston brought his hands to his sides.

Gaston would usually be highly offended receiving this treatment. Hearing your testimony though he was oddly attracted to it and wanted to hear you talk more to him. Gaston stepped back so you could get a better look at your kill. It was a good size deer. With one pull, you watched the dark blood pour out and you wiped your arrow.

"If you don't mind me interjecting but it would be my honor assisting you with your kill. " Gaston formed a thin line with this lips, unsure what would you say loose cannon of a mouth would fire next The last thing he wanted was to offend you. You looked down at the deer and back up at Gaston and squinting your eyes, you soothe his worries with a smile.

"He's all yours." You stand up, taking a couple of steps backwards. Gaston squared his jaw and knelt down and threw the deer across his shoulders, ready to take no matter the length or cost. "I live in cottage not far from here, so if you follow me." You began marching towards that direction but made sure not to go too far ahead.

Gaston caught up to you fairly quickly, now the two of you walked side by side of each other. "Do you spend most of your time, here? All alone in the woods? Gaston questioned, in an desperate attempt to strike flame of conversation. "Most of the time. I muse you feel obligated to follow me now because I am a lady?" You answered with question, you took anything that anyone said about you in very high regard.

"You intrigue me, mademoiselle. Tell me, what is your name?" Gaston wriggled one of his eyebrows. "Well, I guess since I already knows yours...my name is Y/N." You introduced yourself simply with a shrug. Gaston found you absolutely fascinating, you were like no woman he had ever the pleasure of knowing. "That is beautiful name." Gaston hummed in a sing-song voice.

"Was that supposed to take my breath away? You'll impress me with your so-called hunting skills. Then we'll talk." You were a tough cookie to crack certainly, but Gaston knew somewhere deep down you had heart. He could see when he looked into your eyes, you were very passionate. "Now you wish to hunt with me? I'll take that as a sign of improvement." Gaston chuckled lightheartedly.