Love and Art Part Three

Gaston didn't go anywhere. In fact, you and him cleaned your place until all of the floors were shining and you could see your own reflection. "We did it!" You exclaimed as you crossed off the last chore on your list. "And all in one day too! Gaston, I certainly couldn't have done this without you!" You hugged him gratefully, looking pass your exhaustion from your hard's day work, you felt rejuvenated when you were with Gaston. You wanted to kiss him, but you fought back your temptation. "Not a problem at all! I was just glad I got here when I did!" He chuckled lightly, only happy that you were happy.

"And as a thank you, I would like to make you something to eat." You offered nervously, biting down on the lower part of your lip. The sun was already down and the moon was lighting the night sky. It was the least you could do. You didn't mind at all when it came to Gaston. "Would it be wrong to ask if I could help?" Gaston smiled warmly at you, hoping he hadn't offended you in anyway.

"Why not? Are you any good?" You raised an eyebrow, placing both of your hands on your hips. "At what?" Gaston scratched the back of his head, confused. "Well cooking!" You said, snickering a little with that. "My mother was handy in the kitchen and taught me a few tricks of the trade." He shrugged, not trying to brag or anything. "Oh okay." You said trying to pretend to sound impressed. "As a matter of fact, I did a lot of cooking during the war." He pointed out that detail to you.

Which you were impressed by. "Do you have any good war stories to tell as we figure out what in God's name we'll prepare as a meal?" You suggested, loving a good and old fashioned story. "I am afraid I bore you with the war." Gaston admitted, as he only seemed to have your best interest in mind. "Gaston, there is something you should know about me. I am not like other women in this village. I like drawing, and reading sometimes, and I even write. My father used to tell me stories before he died, and I think it would be nice to hear something new." You admitted with a heavy sigh. You felt like a burden has been lifted from your shoulders after getting all of that off your chest.

"I understand. What do you want to hear about first? How I saved the village from becoming ruins?" Gaston wanted to express his utmost affection, but ultimately feared of you feeling that it was not your intention to seek his piety. "I would that very much." You nodded your head, you both stood in the doorway in the kitchen and then you both made a move on after that. You purposely avoided his eye contact while he began foretelling how the war treated him and so forth.

You were flustering yourself. You almost felt in a way, ashamed to be standing in the same room as him as you just admitted your weakness. "Is there something wrong, Y/N? You've been acting kind of off." Gaston stopped himself from going onto the next story. "I'm fine. Really. A little tired is all." You said, playing it off and throwing the blame. Gaston wanted to believe you, but deep down in his heart he knew that wasn't the truth.

"Y/N whatever is on your mind I hope you have the heart to tell me what it is." Gaston stood up straighter and walked up closer to you. You looked him in the eye for a split second before moving your eyes down to his chest. "I just don't want you to see me as weak, or a victim." You mumble, trying to force back your tears. "Oh my love." Gaston kneels in front of you and grabbed a hold of both of your hands. "Look at me. After today, you are the one of the strongest woman I know. You admitted that you are human. Aren't we all? We have all things that make us human. You told me one of them." Gaston professed to you.

You thought that sounded lovely. Your eyes filled with tears, and you allowed two of three to flow down on your cheek. "That was beautiful, Gaston." You proclaimed, as he stood once again, and this time you pushed yourself into his embrace, gaining a big bear hug. "Are you feeling better now?" He asked you, his eyes radiating concern as they were before. "Yes, much better." You nodded your head yes. "How about I help you finish these sandwiches?" He suggested, in which you liked that idea very much.