Snow White and the Huntsman (Prologue)

Once upon a time,
there was once a princess of magnifying beauty but you would never know it. Now, you might be asking yourself how could this be? It's very easy and you will see why. The king, Y/N's father was widowed and left to rule over the land without a Queen by his side. And Y/N no longer had a mother to care for her; So, the king threw himself at Regina, Queen Regina, you should say. They wed and before any one knew it, the Kind laid on his death bed. The day that Y/N's father took his last breath, was the last day Y/N was to be a Princess. Since then, Y/N has been more like a servant. She was not only treated that way, she wore tattered and torn clothing every day, she had more duties than one should have, and every night laid her head on a hard mattress in the dark and rickety room in the castle.

Most of the townspeople forgot about the old Princess. Most of them assumed she caught whatever the king had and passed as well. Aside from that, Y/N lived her life, and not particularly cared how she lived it. As long as she had a roof over her head, Y/N was fine. She was just fine. In the back of her mind, her true love was out there. Somewhere in the world. They just haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet. And on that day he will sweep her off of her feet and frisk her away.

Alas time will only tell, won't it?

One day, the sun shone a little brighter and Y/N was washing the stairs outside the palace. She was refilling the bucket of water, and a flight of doves joined her. "Wanna know a secret? We're standing at a wishing well." She whispered to the doves, who just stared at her. Y/N was always so fond of nature and animals from a very young age. The days she was at the well, she would always wish for her true love to come find her.

Little did the Princess now that she had a admirer. For it was only the Prince, Prince Adam that is staring down on her a distance away. He had not seen or heard from Y/N in a long time. It was good to see her up and about. He brought his horse around, deciding to pay her a quick visit.

"Greetings, Princess!" Adam spoke up, making Y/N's perk up at the sound of someone's voice. "Oh my! Prince Adam!" You cried, suddenly very embarrassed. "I hope I didn't frighten you, Princess. And if I have I am terribly sorry. How have you been doing? Adam said, offering you a kind smile. "I have been doing quite well for myself. How about yourself?" You replied, biting down on your lower lip.

"Not bad. I am rather glad I had the chance to spot you and catch up with you. Its been too long." Adam sighed, as he only spoke the truth. He was madly in love with the princess, but he wasn't sure whether she felt the same or not. "I must agree. But I am sorry to say I have to go. I have other things that need my attention. I am truly sorry." You said, as you picked at your nails nervously. Not to confuse you, you cared deeply for Prince Adam but, to say that you loved him was another story.

"Don't be. I am the one who is holding you up. I will let you go. Good seeing you, Princess." Adam tipped his hat that he wore down and started to walk back over to his steed. "It was very nice seeing you, Prince." You nodded your head in acknowledgement, as you watched him walk away. Queen Regina watch all of this unfold before her eyes and thought that the two of you were flirting and ensuring your love for one another.

The Queen was not going to stand for that. This was her kingdom, as she worked too hard to make it hers she refused to believe that her peasant, no good, stepdaughter can snatch it away from her like that. The Queen conjured the perfect plan in her mind and saw it as the only exhaustible action. She was going to have you killed.

It was settled. Now, all Regina was to found someone to do her dirty work for her. Which shouldn't be too difficult at all. Yes, you could say everything was falling into place for Regina. It's too bad that Regina did not plan for the unexpected to happen.

The End!

A/N: Let me know what you think!!!