Baker's Daughter- Part One

@cottontailsweetheart here is your request! 

You couldn't deny that Gaston was cunning and charismatic, and a dream boat. Women from all over this town can be caught staring at him, or flirting with him. You didn't associate yourselves with them. You kept to yourself mostly, as your sweat and tears went into your father's bakery. For, it was just you and your papa. All the same, Gaston wouldn't give you a second glance, or even care to remember your name. You were simply the baker's daughter.

Nothing more, nothing less.

You would rise before dawn, preparing the bakery for opening and business as usual. Your papa, deeply appreciated all of your hard work, and told you as he opened his door to take the day off. "Are you sure, Papa?" You rose an eyebrow, this was not like Papa at all. "I am one hundred percent sure. Go out today and have a good time. I want to hear all about your day at dinner." Papa grinned, and came over and pecked your cheek with a kiss.

"Yes, Papa." You replied, obeying his wishes, as you hoped to fulfill twofold. You hanged up your apron, and smoothed out your dress and fixed your hair in the mirror in the back hallway. You would go out the back door. You did one last look over of yourself in the mirror and hurried out the door. You had a whole to you, and you honestly didn't know what you were going to do with yourself.

You strutted down the streets taking in the view. You liked to explore, and in town like yours there usually wasn't much to look at or you would see the same things, but in midst of all of that, you could always manage to find something new. You passed Agathe, and placed some gold coins in her hand. "Your efforts are very much appreciated, miss." Agathe thanked you, as you always felt bad for her. She always seemed sad in a way, but you couldn't get to bottom of her suffering.

"This is barely anything. I only wish I could do more, Agathe. Have a good day." You wished her well, and continued on your way. You considered Agathe a friend, you didn't have many friends in the village. You were also good companions with Maurice's daughter, Belle. This was a small town. Everybody knew everyone. Belle came by the bakery daily for the same thing, a simple loaf of bread. You imagined if you were to run into Belle it would be at the library.

She was actually giving you reading lessons, as you to read and enjoy books like she did and learn more recipes for the bakery. Sometimes she would come by in the early evening and teach you by the candlelight after closing. You made a lot of progress in the past couple of weeks, but you were keeping it a surprise from Papa. You were always fond of Belle, but the villagers would talk. They could be so cruel sometimes.

For you all you hoped, you hoped you wouldn't run into Monsiuer Gaston. A part of you didn't want to admit you thought of him as rather dashing but all the same he was selfish bastard who only looked out for himself. Plus, he also seemed pretty fond of Belle anyway. Secretly, though you enjoyed the fanasty of Gaston being the man he makes himself up to be. Because that Gaston doesn't sound too bad.

But you weren't going to hold your breath, you keep telling yourself that the one day the right man would come along. In the midst of your deep thoughts, now you find yourself in the center of the village at the water fountain. You plopped down, as you tried to figure out just what exactly you were going to do with all this time on your hands.

Then, to your left was a lot of commotion. You followed the noise and it lead it to you seeing Belle gather clean laundry tossed on the ground. You dove in and gave Belle a hand. A crowd had formed, and you noticed Belle's ears and cheeks were flushed. You choose to hold your tongue, but you knew you hear an earful from Belle soon enough. When, a a single shot was rung from a musket and a all too familiar voice spoke up.

"C'mon make a lane people. Don't make me say it twice." Monsieur Lefou sassed. You didn't even want to give Gaston the acknowledgement he did not deserve. You didn't see it with your own eyes but Gaston handed Lefou his musket, which incidentally rang out another shot that hit a cow. You and Belle could hardly contain your sly grins at the dying cow noises. As unfortunate as it was for the cow's sake, Gaston was also taking a fatal blow.

"This is now how good people behave. Everyone go home. Now." Gaston embarrassingly enough sucked up any dignity he had left. The crowd thinned out as Belle and you finished picking up any remaining laundry. The audacity alone for Gaston to talk to you, Belle, and any of the village people, personally pinched a nerve. You wished Belle a better day and told her you would see her later tonight. And she said that sounded like a plan.

Your moment of peace didn't last but so long after Gaston gruffly moved past you, sending you flying to the ground. "Excuse me, Monsieur Gaston!" You gasped as you angrily yelled after him."Did you here that Lefou? It appears I am being summoned." Gaston turned around to the face the sound of the voice. Once he saw you, coming straight towards him, in a rather hurry and recognized you.

He rolls his eyes and groans eternally. Lefou was laughing at Gaston's commentary, but stopped abruptly at his companion's sudden facial expression. "Gaston?" Lefou questions him. "Hold on, Lefou." Gaston cut him off, really not in the mood. "Now, is that really any way to treat a lady?." You spat in his face. Lefou was not catching on. "What am I missing here?" Lefou opened his mouth, ultimately interjecting himself into your conversation.

"Do accept my apologies but if you'll excuse me I have more important matter to attend do." Gaston patted your shoulder, moving on. Lefou gave you a small smile, and then went to go catch up with Gaston. You didn't know what Lefou saw in Gaston that you weren't seeing, but maybe you saw Gaston for who he truly was. A bully. "You know she is never going to say yes." You yelled at Gaston, just to get under his skin. 

"To what are you referring?" Gaston flipped his head around at you, squinting his eyes. "Belle will never wed you, Gaston. Face it, Gaston she's just not into you." You shrugged, in a way trying to do him a favor, but you knew he wouldn't listen to you. "Blasphemy. You're just trying to get into my head and play games with me but I won't have it, mademoiselle. Do yourself a favor and stay out of business." Gaston snarled, clenching his fists. 

Lefou could obviously tell Gaston was only growing more angry at this conversation so he butted in.  "Happy thoughts, Gaston. Happy thoughts." Lefou gladly reminded him. 

"Oh and what if I don't?" You retorted with a chuckle. Even though you didn't want to admit, you sort of enjoyed this banter between you and Gaston. It was...fun you could say. "I don't need to waste another breath talking to you. I have better things to do. Come Lefou I think there is a certain damsel waiting for me." Gaston straightened out his collar and with a huff, that was goodbye. 

"I hope I'm not right." You smirked, as you walked away in the oppostie direction, but loud enough for Gaston to perceive. You started laughing as you turned the corner. Once you were totally gone. Gaston stopped and told Lefou to wait. "Do you want to here something quite terrible, Lefou?" Gaston sighed, knowing he couldn't keep this a secret any longer. "And what that might be, Gaston?" Lefou raised a brow. 

"Strange as it sounds, I am attracted to who calls herself Y/N. But, I could never have her." Gaston shook his head. He thought he had his mind made clear but now he had doubts swirling around in his head. "Gaston, I thought Belle was the only woman you ever loved?" Lefou gasped, not totally shocked by this news. "You see, dear old compatriot, before Belle or before anything really I did have feelings for...dare I say the baker's daughter. But I never had the courage.  And now after that it has made me realize I may have had those feelings for her all this time." Gaston bit the inside of his lip. 

"What on earth are you going to do?" Lefou licked his lips profusely. 

"I'm not sure." 

The End!