The Ball.

The sun streamed through your tiny attic window, your only source of light in the room. You breathed in through your nose and nuzzled your head deeper into your pillow as you groaned internally. The bell that was attached to the main clock of the village was set to ring in any moment. The start of a new day. Even that thing was ordering you around. You hated that thing with a firing passion. But then you suddenly remembered something about today. Today was unlike any other ordinary day. Why, tonight was the Prince's Ball! Oh Joy!

You practically leaped out of bed and undid the braids you tied in your wet hair the night before. Your hair still remained slightly damp, but you didn't care. You couldn't take your mind off of the ball. You moved your eyes over to your unfinished dress, and there was some much that was needed to get done, you didn't know if you find the time...none the matter. You would certainly find time in the day, a broken clock is right two times a day.

Gaston woke up earlier than usual that morning, for no apparent reason. Maybe the ball was on his mind. He mused to himself. He sat up better in the bed, and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. The sun wasn't up long, and Gaston realized he never rises this early. Most days, Monsieur Lefou would retrieve him for breakfast.

He knew the servants were just waking up themselves, so he wasn't going to bother them yet. He couldn't remember his dream. He's been unable to for a long time now. And there was no use in trying to go back to asleep. He was wide awake now. He couldn't take his mind off of the ball. He began to wonder if the right woman was really out there.

Just waiting for him. Even though he didn't know who she was or what she looked like, but deep down in his heart, he already loved for whoever she might be. Because all Gaston has ever wanted was to know that somebody out there for him.

First, you tended to the outside animals, making sure they were all fed and had water. You collected the eggs from the heavens for breakfast. You cleaned the fire place, removing the any access coal. Then, you had to get breakfast and morning tea going for the rest of the family. As you would normally bring their trays up to them in bed. And you could not forget to feed Stepmother's cat, Lucifer. You didn't hate anything, but Lucifer would come close sometimes.

One by one, you balanced the trays bringing them into each of their rooms. You went into Stepmother's first, and no surprise she was already wide awake. You told her good morning and hoped that she slept well. "Thank you, Y/N." You stirred her cream and sugar into her tea.

You bid her a due, and moved onto Bianca and Celeste. They wouldn't even thank you. They felt no need. But it didn't bother you. Your job wasn't seeking their approval. After that was said and done, most times you found yourself in the kitchen. You would clean the pans you used for breakfast, and gave the kitchen a quick tidy.

You would also grab a quick bite to eat and then it was back to work. Which again you didn't mind. You figured the day would go quicker by keeping yourself busy, because after all you still have the ball to look forward to.

Nothing too interesting goes on the remaining hours of the morning. You are required to clean the rooms, even if they appear clean. Stepmother, Celeste, and Bianca come down, eventually. Stepmother made it evident to you that she would be taking Celeste and Bianca window shopping and dress shopping for the ball.

Stepmother also handed you the list of things she wants done in her absence. You told her that she could trust in you to get things done. "I hope you're right. Come girls there is no more time to waste!" Stepmother barked at the door. Celeste and Bianca hurried to the door, gathering their dresses in their hands. "Now, is that any way to walk as a lady. Come on, girls!" Stepmother sighed disgracefully at them, rolling her eyes, clearly annoyed.