Gaston Imagine

Imagine: Gaston's daughter, Zelie, requests one more story before heading off to bed. 

 "Not tonight I am afraid my darling." Gaston sighed discontentedly hearing the sound of his third daughter disappointment. "Don't fret. I will be back tomorrow night to tell you another a tale." Gaston sat on the edge of her bed, tucking her underneath the covers. "Oh but tomorrow night is so far away Papa! Are you sure?" Zelie was a good negotiator. She was picking up from her older brothers and sisters. "I am very sure. My answer is still no." Gaston winked. "Oh okay." Zelie understood, but Gaston could see there was something else on her mind.

"Is there something you want to tell me before I leave?" Gaston looked at his daughter's deep into his daughter's eyes, searching for some clues. "I wish mama was here to tell stories with you." She admitted, not meeting his eyes. You died when Zelie was two years young; You bore Gaston six children before your death. Three boys and three girls. Sebastien, Christophe, Cecile, Henri, Felicite, and Zelie.

"Your mother is still with us,  Zelie. She may not be here physically, but she is always right here." Gaston pressed his hand over her heart. "In my heart?" She questioned him. "In your heart." Gaston confirmed. "I miss mama everyday." She also admitted to him. "I do too my love, and if you'd like I can tell you a story about mama tomorrow night." Gaston offered, hoping that would brighten her spirits. "I would like that very much, Papa." She smiled up at him sweetly. "It's settled then! Good night and sleep tight, little Zelie. I will see you in the morning." Gaston kissed the center of her forehead and shut her oil lamp off.

"I love you, papa." She spoke up, before he shut the door before him a crack. "I love you too." Gaston looked back at her one last time. Gaston traveled only a part down the hallway before being called by his daughter Cecile. "Papa, if it's not too late. Would you care to tell us a story about mama?" She bit down on the lower and bottom of her lip, just like you did when you were alive. "Gather around!" Gaston declared, earning the cheers of his children as he sat down in his chair that rested perfectly at the fireplace, and so Sebastien, Christophe, Cecile, Henri, and Felicite all very much eager, as they anticipated what their father would tell them like when they were young children.

The End!