Solemn

If someone was to tell you, your destiny would you choose to believe them or not? You weren't sure even if an enchantress came up to you and foretold you would marry a man who went by Gaston and you would six children. You probably would have told them that you are talking about the wrong gal and would have moved on. But after five children and very much pregnant with your sixth, you wouldn't have wanted anything else. Nothing made you happier than your children and your husband, Gaston.

You didn't know anything differently now. Sebastien, your eldest son was fifteen years old. He was a good boy; He took much after you, but was built and thought much like his father. Christopher, was your second born child and son. He was twelve years old and was a very intelligent little boy. Cecile, she was your first born daughter and your third child. She was ten years old. She was quick on her feet. She also wasn't afraid to stand up to any boy, which made Gaston very proud.

Then came your third born son, Henri. Henri was your sweet and not so little nine year old boy. He looked up to his older brothers for everything. Sebastien and Christopher were his heroes. After Henri you gave birth to another girl, and her name was Felicite. Felicite just recently turned six. Felicite was still trying to discover herself and she mimicked you often.

You didn't see yourself getting pregnant again after Felicite. You had already been blessed with five beautiful children. But anything was possible. Gaston couldn't be happier. He anticipated the day to hold another little one in his arms. With this pregnancy you hadn't been able to figure out whether it was a boy or a girl. For Felicite's sake you hoped it was a girl. Henri, of course, was crossing his fingers behind his back for a boy, but he brought it all the way to your's and Gaston's attention that in church he prayed it would be a girl so that God would give you a boy.

Cecile hoped for a girl but claimed she would be happy nonetheless. Sebastien and Christopher didn't know what to think of it at this point. They expressed their happiness to you all the same. Felicite was the same. It remained a little over her little head still. The days turned into months, and before any of you knew it, you were extremely pregnant, gracefully ascending into the summer season.

All of the children wanted to be of assistance towards the end of your last three months. Which you happily took advantage of. Equally, all of them handled a workload. They were each assigned an extra chore you would do during the day, along with their other chores so you could rest in that time. Your doctor said the more rest, the better. You've had five successful pregnancies and your doctor wanted to make that a sixth just as much as you and Gaston wanted it as well.

But the day itself is one you are sure not going to forget for a long time to come. The sun was peaking through the clouds on the rather cool and dewy morning on your end of the world. You awoke to an empty bed with a single note. It read the following, Good morning my love, when you read this note Sebastien, Christopher, Henri, and myself will discover ourselves in the deep thicket of the forest. We'll be back late afternoon and early evening. I love you. Your loving husband, Gaston.

You remembered once you finished reading his note to you the hunting trip he would be taking the boys on this morning. He suggested it last night at dinner and then it was settled. Today it would just be the girls and you. Your lady's maid softly knocked on the door after you rang the bell. "How are you doing this morning, lady Y/N?" Marigold questioned you with your breakfast tray in your hand.

"I am doing just fine, thank you, Marigold." You smiled, sitting up holding your swollen stomach. "Is there anything else I could fetch you?" Marigold raised an eyebrow, at the foot of the bed. "Could you gather Cecile and Felicite for me?" You requested politely. "It would be my utmost pleasure, madame." You really did adore your lady maid, Marigold. "Thank you." You mouthed as you sipped at your cup of tea.