Love And Art- Part Four

Two days later...

There Gaston sat slumped and shoulders hunched in his chair by the fire, depressed as ever before. Lefou remained unsure whether if he was going to be able enough to get his best friend out of this lump. You were the one, the one he has been looking for all along. And just like that, you were ripped out of his life for the end of time. Gaston was going to need longer than two days to get over you. Gaston wasn't talking either, which was defintely unlike him. And when Lefou attempted to breach conversation, Gaston snapped and took his frustration on the wall by throwing his knife in the heart of the deer on the wall.

"Gaston I am beginning to worry about you." Lefou whispered in a low and urgent voice. Gaston shrugged him off. "Don't bother I'm not looking for sympathy." Gaston muttered, turning further away from Lefou, not particularly in the mood for a chat. "I'm going home. I just want to be alone." Gaston stood up but Lefou told him to wait. "Gaston! If there is anything I can do please let me know. You shouldn't be alone this evening. I think a drink is order." Lefou clapped his hands once for a tender to draw a beer.

"Sit, sit." Lefou ordered him, and Gaston sighed and did as Lefou asked. Lefou brought him a foot stool. Within seconds a server brought his beer. "Another beer?" Lefou offered it to him. "What for? Nothing helps. Y/N was...everything." Gaston sighed, with a defeated tone. "Gaston, you've got to pull yourself together." Lefou knelt down in front of Gaston's chair. "What will make you feel better?" Lefou was willing to do anything, all Gaston had to do was the say word.

"Would you mine if we brought the carriage around to Y/N's place. We won't make any moves but just to check up on her?" Gaston licked his lips, and looked up at Lefou with desperate and wishful eyes. "Alright. Let's go then!" Lefou proclaimed, Gaston to his feet. Him and Lefou jogged to their horses. "Follow me, Lefou!" Gaston called to him as he told his horse to ya. Gaston slowed his horse down before they completely pulled up. "We're on foot from here." Gaston muttered under his breath. 

Lefou and Gaston traveled the road behind your house to your balcony. It was dark in your room, and Gaston couldn't see very well. He could only hope you were doing alright. He worried about your welfare constantly these past couple of days. "Come Gaston. I'm sure she's fine." Lefou placed a hand on his shoulder. "But what if she's not?" Gaston bit the inside of his lip nervously. "Happy thoughts, Gaston. Happy thoughts. If it's meant to be for you and Y/N then it's meant to be. But for now..." Gaston knew where this was going and he understood.

You, on the other hand, were a mess. You were being held hostage in your own house, your very own bedroom. When you went to go downstairs, your door was locked. Your mother heard your struggle and explained the situation to you. "For your bad behavior you will remain in your room until further notice." Your mother snickered from behind the door, you could even hear your sisters giggling downstairs. "You can't keep me locked up in here forever!" You screamed banging your fists against the door.

"I'll be the judge of that. Sweet dreams." She clicked her long fingernails against the door twice and then you heard her descend the stairs. This was madness. Your mother was holding you as prisoner.The thought of Gaston made you tear up. You loved him, very much. Gaston brought you true happiness. And now you would probably die in this bedroom from your mother's mistreatment. You cried yourself to sleep that night, as the previous nights.

When your mother reappeared in the kitchen and to be greeted by all of her other daughters after she plumped back down in her chair with her warm cup of tea, she had a brilliant idea. "Girls, don't despair any longer. One of you will be able to marry Monsieur Gaston." Your mother clapped her hands together. "What do you propose?" Claudette raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Odette, my darling. How would like marrying the lovely Gaston. Imagine, the perfect life with the perfect husband!" Your mother was proud of herself with coming up with this idea all on her own.