Chapter 6: Facing an Old Demon....

"You never mentioned a single word of this to me"

Namjoon sat across from his mother in the living room. "Look I was expecting for Jin and his family to have moved out long before you and dad returned"

The elderly woman sat on the couch with her legs crossed, body turned away from her son. In a way, it seemed as if she was trying to widen the gap between them as much as possible. "That doesn't make it right! You should have informed me. I will not allow strangers in my home" Side glancing coyly at her son, she straightened her back. "However...I will reconsider if you agree to come alongside me to meet with the matchmaker..."

Of course. The english teacher sighed and rubbed at his forehead. "Seriously Eomma, not this again..."

At those words, Mrs. Kim rose to her feet. "What harm could it do? I'm not going to be on this earth forever, Joonie-ah! You need a woman in your life who can take care of you and cook for you"

"Dinner is ready..."

Mrs

Mrs. Kim snapped her head towards the door and watched as Jin entered the room with a tray occupied with two round bowls of food. A brow raised, she eyed the bowls as the tray landed on the coffee table. "Excuse me...?"

Namjoon rubbed his hands together and reached for the chopsticks. "Awesome! When did find time to buy the ingredients to make this?"

Jin lifted his chin slightly, his pride swelling as he clasped his hands behind his back. "I went grocery shopping yesterday. I thought since your mother was here to visit, I'd cook something special for a very special lady..." He smiled towards Namjoon's mother, catching her off guard.

" He smiled towards Namjoon's mother, catching her off guard

Mrs.Kim placed her hand on her chest as she slowly descended back on the couch. Now that she got a good look at this man. He was quite beautiful...more than any other woman she had ever known. It was almost unsettling.

"Go on, Eomma. Eat. It's really good" Namjoon urged, gesturing his chopsticks towards her bowl.

 It's really good" Namjoon urged, gesturing his chopsticks towards her bowl