Chapter 18: The Zoo

Hoseok sat in the front seat of his black Kia Sedona. An older model car, nothing fancy. Both he and Yoongi were sitting in Namjoon's driveway, waiting for their friends. They were leaving for the zoo today.

Hoseok thought it would be a good idea to get everyone's mind off the stresses of the last few days. What better way to relax than a stroll through an open zoo?

"C'mon you guys! I thought you all would be ready when we got here?!" The cheerful teacher boasted as he leaned slightly out his car door window.

Namjoon stepped from out the house toting a huge cooler filled with drinks in case anyone got thirsty. "Coming!"

Jin also emerged from the front door, a basket dangling from his arm. He gestured his hand out to his sons, beckoning them forward. "Cmon boys, we're leaving now"

Taehyung and Jimin sprang out the front door and ran towards Hoseok's car, laughter accompanying their wide smiles. It was enough to make Jin feel content.  It would be their first time going to the zoo in a very long time so they were obviously excited about this trip.

As Jin buckled Jimin into his booster seat, Mrs. Kim was making her way to the car, a bottle in hand. "Jin!"

The young father straightened himself and turned to face the elder woman. He was greeted with a smile and offered a bottle of sunscreen.

"Take this. It's supposed to be really hot today. You don't want the bosy to get sunburn"

Jin smiled back and gave a slight grateful bow. "Thank you, Mrs. Kim" After a long talk with he and Namjoon, Mrs. Kim had decided to let Jin stay longer. She admitted that she had reacted out of pure anger and after giving it some thought, like her son, couldn't seem to bring herself to believe that Jin would be the type to steal from her. Plus, she had grown so attached to the three boys and couldn't live with the guilt of kicking them out in the streets. She and Namjoon were truly kind-hearted people...

"Are you sure, you'll be fine with watching Kookie?" Jin asked, a bit apologetically. The poor babe was sick and had been in one of the worst moods the last two days. It was a trip to the doctor that had revealed that Kookie had caught a nasty cold accompanied with a sore throat. Poor thing was currently sleeping in his bed and was in a lot of pain.

"Of course! I used to watch over Namjoon all the time when he was sick. We'll be fine. Just go..." She urged, gently motioning the young male towards the car.

As Hoseok's car pulled off down the street, Mrs. Kim gave a light sigh and retreated back into the house.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Kia Sedona had parked itself in the parking lot of the attraction site. Hoseok unbuckled himself and peered over his shoulder. "WHO'S READY TO SEE SOME ANIMALS?!"

Taehyung and little Jimin threw their hands up as they wiggled in their chairs in anticipation. "WE ARE!" They shouted in unison.

Namjoon felt a vibration in his left pocket and pulle dout his cell as he stepped from out fo the car. "Hello?"

"Hey you~ "

"Mi-Rae, hey whatsup?"

"Sooo I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today. Maybe go catch a movie? Wonder Woman just came out..."

"uh..." Namjoon looked over and watched as Jin pulled Jimin from out the car and made kissing faces at his sons as he rubbed sunscreen on their arms. For awhile he became mesmerized by the brunette's smile and was once again reminded of just how beautiful Jin truly was. It was no wonder he had mistaken the male for his beloved. Jin's eyes suddenly lifted and made contact with Namjoon, cauing the blonde to become flustered and quickly look away.