Chapter 13: Annoying as Ever

He was running. 

Jin ran through the thickets, reaching out in desperation as he continued to push past branches and greenery

Jin ran through the thickets, reaching out in desperation as he continued to push past branches and greenery. He was scared and frantic but he had no idea why. All he knew was that he had somewhere he needed to be. And he needed to get there before it was too late. 

He was screaming something but his voice came out muffled and incomprehensible. Which only caused him to become even more frightened. Where was he?! What was going on?! 

A small light had cut its way through the darkness and Jin knew immediately, that he needed to follow it. He ran faster and as he neared the light it got visibly brighter almost to the point where it was blinding. He barged into it, propelling his body forward and  had found himself in a clearing. What the? Was this where he was supposed to be?! 

Looking around his eyes eventually fell on a figure standing in the distance, his back to Jin. The person was so far away but there was a feeling that he knew who it was and that he needed to tell them something. He screamed again and even though he had no idea what he was saying it seemed the stranger from afar had heard him and slowly he began to turn his he-

GASP!

Jin's eyes shot open and he jolted forward. He sat upright in his bed, breaking into a cold sweat. Chest rising and falling, he looked around him. He was in his room. As he panted heavily, he slowly looked down at the sleeping faces of his three precious sons. Good, he hadn't woke them. Relief taking over, Jin slicked his hair back and slipped from under the covers.

He left his room and made his way into the bathroom. He washed off his face and rubbed at his eyes. He hadn't had that dream in a very long time. Not since college. Well, the dream had been different this time and slightly more vivid. Normally, he would dream of himself staring up into the face of a man. He couldn't make out his face completely but he could tell that the man was crying and Jin would have the urge to comfort the stranger but before doing so, he'd always wake up in this state.

The young father made his way into the living room, arms folded, and slowed his pace as his eyes fell on Namjoon who had fallen asleep on the couch.