Chapter 16: Love is Hasty

"I have no idea how that got there"

Both Namjoon and Jin had yet to move from the doorway, appalled by Mi-Rae's findings. Jin slowly shook his head, his eyes glued to the decorated piece. "I seriously have no idea! Why..." He shifted his gaze towards Mrs. Kim. "Mrs. Kim, why would I steal from you? You and Namjoon have been nothing but good to me...."

"If I recall..." Mi-Rae added in as she stepped forward. "Earlier, you said that you were facing some financial problems. You had even suggested robbing a bank"

Jin also stepped forward. "That was a joke and you know that!"

"Enough" Namjoon commanded as he reached out his hand between the young man and woman exchanging a look of warning at each of them. "Let's not jump to conclusions. Let's just talk this over, right eomma?"

No answer.

"Eomma?"

Mrs. Kim's eyes remained fixated on Jin, her countenance masked with anger and sadness as she grabbed the necklace from Mi-Rae's hand. Slowly she made her way towards the young father, never breaking eye contact. Standing firm, she declared, "I believe it is best that you find somewhere else to stay by the end of the week"

Namjoon stood there shocked by his mother's words. What was she saying?! "Eommma!"

"This! Is my house!" She retaliated, her eyes now glaring towards her son. "Not yours...My word is final." With that said she stormed from out of the room.

The blonde couldn't believe this. That irrational woman! He glanced at Jin, almost afraid to look the other in the eye, before running after his mother. "EOMMA!" They weren't finished talking yet!

Jin hadn't moved,his posture had become rigid. Had he heard correctly? Was...he getting kicked out?  He had heard Mi-Rae walk past him and fell blind to the triumphant look on her face as she left the room.  A loud ringing started to sound in his ears as he felt himself experiencing a sort of tunnel vision.

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND! WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE THIS?! WHY?! WHY?!"

"...because...I always thought pink was a disgusting color...."

"Appa..."

Jin inhaled suddenly as if he had forgotten how to breathe and he suddenly found his vision returned to normal. What was that just now? It happened again. Who did those voices belong to? Blinking rapidly, he slowly turned his head to find all three sons sitting up underneath the covers, their eyes filled with fear and worry.

"Appa..." Taehyung repeated. "Are we in trouble?"

Realizing that the boys had more than likely bared witness to that dramatic scene from earlier, Jin quickly made his way over and kissed each son lovingly on the top of their heads. "Everything is alright. Just a small spat is all. You sometimes fight with your brothers right?"