Ch. 10: Pretending

Hello, hello! It has been a while, my fluffies! I'm sorry for disappearing so suddenly! I'm preparing for my exams, so it's hard to keep everything going! I'm almost done with my first oneshot, at the same time I thought I could already publish the next chapter (even it's so short, sorry!) c: Please be patience!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You slammed your hands onto the desk

"Headmaster, leave it!" you growled at the headmaster of The True Cross Acadamy.

You were inside Mephisto's office once again the next morning, not wanting to listen to more of his questions.

Or you would curse him too.

"You have to understand, why I can't answer these questions of nonensese in the moment!" you clenched your teeth with a sharp glare at the man.

It seemed he didn't take you seriously this time as well, since he was eating chips meanwhile having a meeting with you.

A chuckle just came from him.

"Well, instead of that then show me what you can do -" he started, pointing his potato chip at you.

"- with the weapon you got," he smirked.

The eyes of yours widened. You clenched your fists annoyed, pulling away from the table and headed to the door.

"Fine," was all you said without turning your back away from the clown-clothed male.

You stood in front of the door, your eyes became more or less blank.

-------

''Where is the new girl?'' a student from the exwire class questioned.

The teacher placed his bag on the desk, getting the lesson started.

''____-San won't attend school right now unfortunately,'' was Okumura-Sensei's response.

It was already after lunch and soon or later the school was over.

The Exwire class wondered why you didn't attend the lessons right from the start.

Okumura-Sensei just heard from the principal you would do that later, maybe the next day.

--------

You wiped away your sweat from your forehead, swinging your metal rod with one hand to the attack position again.

''Tch,'' came from you.

Even though you had been using your weapon against the exorcist, Shura -a red, blonde-stripped haired female- you still couldn't get out from there just yet.

You both where placed inside a room, reminded you of a prison room.

''Already done?'' she laughed.

Mephisto took your day as a test on how much you did know about fighting.

Your glare was sharp likewise in the morning. Nothing else had changed after that, just fighting, that was it.

'Don't show more of you,' you thought to yourself.

As you stood in the position, ready to show your next move, you then stood normally, 'giving up' if that was it.

"I see," Shura chuckled.

You had been fighting since this morning yet you weren't tired at all. You 'pretended' to be exhausted for all that fighting stuff.

Before you knew it, Shura suprirse-attacked you by running straight towards you with her snake formed sword.

You still sensed it and tried to dodge her sword. You stepped aside, yet only a small scar appeared on your right cheek. It was fine since you didn't wanted to do more of the scene.

''Good,'' the red haired grinned. She stepped back and pulled back her sword.

''You're done now,'' she said as she handed you a tissue to wipe off your cheek with blood.

You only nodded lightly as you took the tissue.

Shura led you out of the room. Afterwards she gave you a bottle of water on the way to your class room.

Just by being silent helped you a lot to space out, finding your calm side again.

Thinking about something else.

That's it.

Don't let it out through your surroundings.

As you passed through the open door Shura held for you, the students looked overwhelmed at you -- your forehead covered in small drops of sweat, your uniform unfixed and the way you looked tired.

''Sorry for the late meet up, Okumura! ____ here, needed to do some stuff with me, but everything's fine now, so go back to where you started,'' was all Shura said before she left the class room.

Okumura-Sensei glanced at you once, "Take a seat, _____-San,'' then started the lesson again.

Even you passed the others - and Rin in that case - you became silent again after sitting down in the corner back in the class room.