Ch. 12: Letting Guard Down.

You found yourself staring at a ceiling. It was bright.

After a few blinks, remembering what happened to you, the eyes of yours fluttered open.

Recalling the scenes from the roof at night as you sat up, pain flashed through your head, which made your eye flinch closed.

With small glances across the place, you couldn't regonize the area.

This wasn't your room.

Swinging your legs over the bed edge, your (e/c) view caught the sight of your coated elbows, hands yet legs, wrapped in plasters and bandages.

Voices outside your door were not loud, but could be heard.

You ran your hand down your cheek, felt another plaster clasped to your skin.

More over the question was ... What happened to you?

Unable to stand the pain of trying to remember, you got slightly on your feet on the direction towards the door.

The small talking ended as soon as someone said, "Let's check if she's awake."

It was clear the persons on the other side of the door were just in front of it and now were going to enter.

Panicking in your head you stepped back, which cursed you to fall backwards.

As you escaped one "Gyah!", the door unlocked. You hit the floor, currently trying to sit up.

Four blue eyes spotted you immediately in surprise.

''_____!" They both said in sync.

"Oi, are you alright, _____?" One of the Okumura twins rushed towards you, bending down to you.

''I'm fine...'' you responded.

''Let's get you back to bed,'' The other twin with glasses said as them both helped up in bed.

Stroking your injured arm, your gaze fell on the Okumuras.

''What happened to me? I only remember when a demon swung me off the roof last night,'' you questioned them out of the blue.

Both males glared at each other for a second before looking back at you.

''We found you with the demon,'' Sensei told you.

''However it was using your body as it's shield. I was called by other exorcists. Before we knew it, it almost escaped.''

The surprise hit you. You glanced downwards with clenched fists.

You noticed a moment ago Sensei was already hurt. Even though you couldn't see it through his black coat, you saw a small mark on his neck, which could be much longer on his shoulder.

''FUCK OFF!'' you screamed.

Panting, you came back to your senses.

As your eyes caught the view of bodies in a pool of blood, some few livings were swimming in it.

Gasping with widened eyes, your looked down at your hands.

The horror blinded you.

Blood.

''That was nice of you to do! Thank you for lending me your powers and body~! It was my pleasure--'' a voice echoed inside your head.

It wasn't your voice.

Another demon

As the persons collapsed onto the cold bodies, a devilish creature appeared.

One more of the creatures of Hell.

''It was delicious to see everyone to get hurt by you, ____!" It laughed sadistic.

Shaking all scared with your eyes on it, the fear started to rise inside you.

Memories returned, you only remembered fighting the demon .... Until you let your guard down.

Coming back to reality after spacing out, a shiver ran down your spine.

''No way..'' you mumbled with your gaze downwards at your bondage wrapped hands, now clenching the fists hard together.

You knew it meant something bad.