Ch. 17: Rooftop

You moved yourself closer to your scarf, averted these eyes around you. You could not help but feel guilty by leaving your classmates just like that.

"[Last Name]-San?"

"You there?"

You did not let their voices interrupt your thoughts, you simply did not wanted them to be the victims. Being the black sheep in the class was not a choice of yours. Fate played this unforgivable game. This was not fair to be the only player to go through all this trouble by yourself. One out of a million plus, just why you? It was already tough to think clearly in this blured matter of existence.

"Hey, are you even listening, [Last Name]-San?"

The school bell rang, finally after so long. It was lunch break and it was time to make your way out of the class. Everyone would try to talk to you, which was the reason why you tried to ignore them. You went out of the class quickly as possible.

It succeeded.

You made your way to the rooftop, alone. You inhaled the fresh air, exhaled the frustration that was kept inside you this far. The breeze was still cold, though you did not let this slightest thing get in the way. You took a seat, your back against the wall. You opened your homemade bento, a lot of effort was used to make it. It looked good however you did not have the appetite to take it down. The effort was wasted. Especially the food.

Rumble.

You sighed as you closed the bento and once more put it away beside you. You wrapped your arms around your knees, crumbling slightly into a ball. The air was filled with chatter and laughter, causing you to crumble even more.

It had been a while you had opened your mouth for a conversation. Words were unspoken, the emotions would be chained down for now. Luckily. Nevertheless it was the way it should have been from the start anyway.

You should have not gave in for the temptation to begin with.

-

Tap, tap, tap.

The door to the stairs opened.

Someone was approaching you.

Just ...

... Why?

Not moving an inch away from the spot, a hand stroked the top of your head. The person bent down to your height, sought for your attention.

"Go away," you said; the sound of your voice stuffed into the [Favorite Color] scarf around your neck.

The hand let go of your head, the sound of someone sitting beside you was even closer to your figure.

"Idiot," you gripped tighter to your legs.

"You're the idiot here!" the male complained irritated.

You wanted him to go away so badly, but it was hard because the other side of you struggled to let the person be by your side like this.

"Huh? You haven't eaten yet?" he seemed surprised by the untouched lunch box.

You made no reply in return.

GROOOOOOWL

You crumbled closer to yourself, the flustered look on your face was hidden, luckily.

He laughed.

"You make it worse for yourself."

"You too."

The box was opened, the chopsticks' noise was well-known in your ears.