Chapter 3

It's been two days since the last time I saw Lauren and two days when I found out that she's blind but that didn't stop me for liking her. I got busy with school and my friends, and Camila won't stop bugging me about going to Kendall's party the day after tomorrow. For my two days of absences at delivering the porridge due to waking up late, my mom was the one who did that, that's why I didn't got the chance to see Lauren again after I saved her life.

My mom and I celebrated when she found out that I have the highest grade and I rank number one in the state. She was so fucking happy that she got drunk. And she even forced me to drink some alcohol beverages with her, but I'm not complaining though. And I also haven't told my mom about my crush on Lauren. I don't think it's necessary to tell her right?

-

"Mom! Where are you? I have something to tell you!" I shouted as I entered our house.

I just got home from school and trust me, I still couldn't hide my happiness when Miss Gomez told me about my grades. And I even saw Lauren. Today is such a great day.

"In the kitchen, honey!" I remove my shoes and dropped my bag on the couch and I sprinte in the kitchen area. My mom is standing while chopping some vegetables and her back is facing me.

I went to her side and lean my waist on the kitchen counter, "Mom! Look what I've got." I wiggle the paper in my hand and she knotted her eyebrows in confusion.

She wipe her hands on her apron and she snatch the paper on my hand. "Hey, you might tore that apart." I pouted. She rolled her eyes and when she read what's on the paper, her eyes went wide and I can see the tears forming in her eyes.

"I'm so so proud of you," She hug my body and I can hear her sobbing on my shoulders.

"Aw, mom don't cry." I rub her back up and down and she pull away from our hug.

"I'm sorry but I'm just really proud of you." She breathed out. "I also have something to tell you,"

"What is it?" I asked her and take a seat on one of our dining chair.

"Hailee's surgery will be in six months. My sister wants us to move in Boston with her before the surgery," She squealed and smile at me. She knows how I feel about this.

"Mom," I sighed.

"I know you want us to save money for Hailee but we both know that it will took a lot of time for us to have enough money for your sister. But my sister already offered us, I couldn't just say no. We're going to waste a lot of time if we're going to wait for us to have the exact amount for her surgery." My mom explained. Well, she's right. Hailee is only six but she's already diagnosed with leukemia, and it might get worse if we wait to save up some money for her. "I hope you understand," My mom place her hand on my shoulder and rub it.

"I totally understand mom. But can we move in with your sister after this school year?" I asked her and hoping that she will say yes. The school year will end in three months and I just want to spend more time with my friends and of course, I want to get to know Lauren.

"Sure, I didn't told you that we're going to fly to Boston and be with my sister tomorrow." She chuckled and went to open our fridge and grab two cans of beer and place it on the table.

"Wait, we're drinking tonight?" She hummed and continue chopping the vegetables.

"But after we eat some dinner. I bet your sister is so damn hungry at this moment," She said.

"Where is she?"

"In her room, playing with her toys that you bought her the other day." I nodded my head and went to Hailee's room.