Chapter 33

I drive around with my bicycle in a familiar neigborhood. It has been two days since I talked to a drunk Lauren at the observatory, I know I told her that I will be seeing her today, since I told her that when I walked her home, last night but I have to do some really important things. To be honest, I actually didn't even board at the airplane that should take me to Boston, I've been in my apartment these past few weeks. Trying to figure out what should I do. And when some senses finally knocked on me, I decided to fix everything between Lauren and I, I have to win her back.

I hit the break and stopped my bicycle when I saw Dr. Jauregui's house. I hop off and park it in front of his house. I have to talk to him.

I shuffle my feet on the ground and wipe my sweaty palms on my jeans. I nervously knocked on his front door, patiently waiting for him to open it up. I know Lauren won't be home since she's working at this time.

I was about to turn around and back out when I heard the front door swing open. "You," Dr. Jauregui breathed out. "What are you doing here?"

"Can we talk?" He nodded his head and gesture for me to follow him inside... and I did. He lead me to his office and as soon as we steppe inside, he immediately asked me.

"What happened? What are you doing here? I thought you're in Boston?" His facial expression is blank. He look like he's not pleased that I'm here in Miami.

"I came back... I can't leave," I told him truthfully.

"Why?" He asks. But before I can answer his question, he instantly cut me off. "No, don't tell me. I already know the answer." Lauren's dad said in monotone voice. "When will you go back in Boston again?"

I take a deep breath before saying, "I'm not going. I'm not leaving Miami again. I don't have any plans on going away again."

"Y/N Y/LN," He said in a warning tone.

I kneel in front of him and lower my head. "Y/N, what are you--"

"I was going to pretend that it didn't happen and let it be," I started off. "I even pretended that I didn't know and I tried to forget. But... but as soon as I was about to board the plane, I realized that I cannot leave that person's side. And that I want to return to that person."

"No you can't!" He shouted. "You can't!"

"Why?" I look up to him and he's fuming. His nose looks like it's going to blow up some smoke.

"Why you can't? You know better than I. If you care about Lauren, you can't do this. You know you shouldn't do this!" Why can't he just let me be happy with his daughter?

"I want her to be happy, because if Lauren can't be happy, then neither can I." I told the old man, sincerely.

"If you want her to be happy, then why? Why did you come back? When you know she's already happy with someone else?" He retorted back.

"Because I know in her heart, I'm still in there. I want to be by her side. I want to be there for her."

Dr. Jauregui crouch down on my level and lift my head up. "No, Y/N. Don't be like this." I shift my gaze from him because I can't bare to look at him. "Look at me, Y/N. This can't happen," He said sternly. I clenched ny jaw and balled my fists that's resting on my lap. "Lauren will be married soon to the guy who she really loves, Luke Hemmings. I know you saw him before. He's the one who can make our Lauren be happy and it's already been settled."

I can feel everything inside of me boiling, "I- we never even looked at each other in our heart's content. We didn't even have time to show each other our feelings." I said as my striking Y/EC staring back at him. "I can't give up like this, I can't give up on her."