Chapter 34

Lauren's POV

Y/N's arms are still wrapped around my body as the two of us are still standing on the rooftop of our headquarters. I just finished reading her the report that I did after we rushed the patient from the hotel to the hospital.

I'm actually still shocked that Y/N is my chief. It's her first day and she loves bossing around me, and I hate how she's using her position in our job to see me. It's not that I'm complaining though, I'm actually loving what she's doing right now. I'm just acting like I'm not okay with her being in the same job and place as I am.

I can feel her nuzzling her face on the crook of my neck. "You smell so good," She hums. My face started to heat up and I can feel Y/N smiling against my expose skin. I turn around and place my hands on top of her shoulders. "Hi," She greeted me and scrunched her nose up.

"Hallo," I giggled at her cutestness.

"So, about your verbal report..." She trailed off. Y/N rests her hands on my waist and she pulls me a little bit closer to her. "You did great. Maybe I should do that more often," She smirks and I slaps her arm as I rolled my eyes at her. "Stop rolling your eyes at me and stop hitting me," The doctor juts her lower lip out.

"I actually don't know what came up to you and you've decided to quit your job as a doctor, then you choose to be a rescue worker." I told her as I run the tip of my fingers on the back of her neck and started playing with her baby hair.

"You know I've always wanted to be a rescue worker, it's my dream since I was a kid, I told you that remember?" I hummed in response and the tip of her lips twitch up. "And now that you're here and you decided to live in my dream, I made a decision to volunteer as a rescue worker, now my job is a lot more better than in the hospital, because I can only see you there for five to ten minutes. But here, I can look at you all day." She smirks at me again. Her thumbs are drawing circles on my waist and I can feel the shiver down to my spine. "Plus, I'm your chief, so that means I can command you any shit that I want and I can call on you any time that I want," She wiggle her eyebrows at me but her smirks remain on her face.

"Wipe that smirk off your face, Chief Y/N Y/LN," I scowl and mock my chief. I place my hands on her face and squish her cheeks.

A contagious laugh escapes her lips, it's a music to my ears. I keep squishing her cheeks and rub my palms on her face. She playfully bites my fingers and I squeal and giggles. I slap her arms but she keeps her hold on my waist. I rests my hands on her face again and this time I rub the pad of my thumbs on her cheeks. I can feel her leaning in to my touch. And my heart started beating so fast as I keep on staring at her. I want to hear her laugh more often and I want to be the reason why she's laughing like this. I can stare at her beautiful face all day and I'm not gonna get tired of it.

Y/N wraps her fingers around my wrists and she press her lips on the palm of both of my hands. My cheeks heat up again at her actions. "You know, red looks good on you," She teases me and I buried my face on my hands.

"Shut up," I muttered out.

"Aw, don't be like that. Don't hide your beautiful face." She purred.

I lift my head up, my striking green eyes is staring back to her Y/EC. Y/N smiles at me sweetly and I can feel the butterflies on my stomach errupting. My eyes shifts from her eyes to her plump lips. It looks so soft. I want to taste her lips.

I can feel myself leaning in to her. I closes my eyes as I rest my forehead against hers. I can feel her breath ghosting on my lips. I just want to kiss her. It's been a long time since the last time I tasted her lips, I want to know if it still tastes the same. I want to know if it's still soft, like I remember. "I want- I want to kiss you so badly. And I want to do it right now." She whispers as she place her hand on my cheek and rub her thumb on my skin tenderly.