Chapter 35

I rushed out of the back of the ambulance as Brad hit the break of the vehicle in front of the soccer field. A bunch of boys at around sixteen to eighteen was motioning us at their direction. They're giving some air their other teammate who looks like he passed out in the middle of the field.

Brad is pushing a stretcher and Lauren was carrying the medicine bag with her, while I'm trailing behind the two of them, as the three of us are running to the soccer players' direction.

"Hurry! Hurry up!" The goalkeeper shouted and they are waving their hands.

As we reach where they are. We saw a guy at around twenties laying down on the soccer field while his hand is clutching his chest.

"He fell down while we were playing soccer. He said that his chet hurts and then... he's not breathing after that." The teammate of the patient explained.

Lauren kneel down beside the guy who's laying down on te grass, trying to breath from his mouth. "Patient, you can hear me right?" He gave us a weak nod.

The green-eyed woman rummaged inside the medicine kit and she started checking the pulse and the blood pressure of the guy. "Hi blood pressure is eighty over fifty and his pulse is getting faster from one-fifty. Oxygen saturation is at eighty percent. I think it's pneumothrax." She look up to me worriedly and I place my stethiscope on the patient's chest. Trying to hear his unsteady breathing and I know that if we transfer him right now to the hospital, it would be really dangerous.

"Take him to the hospital quickly!" Said the guy standing near me. "What are you doing?" He asked me in gritted teeth.

"If the our teammate dies, will you take the responsibility for it?"

"The patient's condition requires us to manage it rather than to transfer him quickly." Lauren told them and the whole soccer team huddled up behind me, watching us trying to heal their teammate.

"How can a rescue worker manage it?" The curly guy that's kneeling next to Lauren questions the green-eyed woman and scoffs. "Don't say stupid things and just love him to the fucking hospital!" He yelled.

I take a look at the guy who's been shouting at us and keep telling that we should transfer his teammate. I know he's worried and shit, but it's not safe. "The patient has tension pneumothrax. If we couldn't release the air around his lungs right now, it could be dangerous to transfer him to the hospital. Will you still be alright then?" I explained to him calmly but he just snickered at me and said,

"Take out what? What the fuck are you saying? Is the nine-one-one rescue worker a fucking doctor now, huh?" He smirks at me and rolled his eyes. "Just fucking lift him up and put him on the damn stretcher and rush him to the hospital! And stop acting like you're a damn doctor." I can see Lauren, balling her fist, I know she's trying her best not to beat this fucking douchebag.

"I am a doctor," I told him and that made him stop. He looks at me like he couldn't believe what he just heard.

"Doctor Y/NN, the patient is losing his conciousness." Brad rushed to my side and he continues to observe the patient.

I turn my attention to the woman kneeling across of me, "Lauren, is something to perform needle compression?"

"I don't have decompression set,"

"Is there an IV catheter needle?" She look inside the bag and she sighed in relief when she grasp the IV catheter needle in her hand. "Give it to me," She handed it me quickly and I tear it open.

"What are you doing? You guys are crazy!" The same guy who's been on my nerve is trying to stop me but their teammate hold him. He bit his knuckles, nervous on what I'm going to do with his friend.