Chapter 9

"Hey, Y/N?" I glance up and saw my mom holding a tray with four glasses of juice. I crooked my eyebrows at her and she said, "Go on the floor and sit over there."

"Why- why would I sit-" I was cut off when I saw her staring at me sternly. I grumbled and stood up from the couch that I was sitting and I was beside Lauren. I slumped down and cross my legs and huff like a kid. "I was enjoying being right next to Lauren." I mumbled to myself.

I just picked Lauren up from her house after I told her that Hailee wanted to play with her which is true. But I also wanted to see how the Latina is going while living alone, I didn't expect her bestfriend to be there and Lucy even asked me if we could talk. You wouldn't say yes when she's already giving you a death glare. I was scared to utter a wrod first but it just turned out that she just wanted to tell me that I should take ood care of Lauren and she never thought her bestfriend will find someone like me. She even threatened me not to hurt her or she'll find me and kill me. But of course, I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't think of hurting the girl who I like.

I can hear my mom chuckling as she place down the tray on the coffee table and take a seat next to the green-eyed girl. "You know, Y/N is a really great daughter. I don't tell you this much," She faced me and smile. "To be honest, she's always there helping me, peeling the pumpkins, taking care of Hailee. And every weekend, she goes home with a money on her hand from her part time job. She's been there ever since her father died." My mom told Lauren and the blind girl nodded her head and her lips is twitching up with a smile. "But even if she doesn't want to accept the offer of her Aunt to go to Harvard when she reaches college, it's fine. And I'm telling you, she's beautiful, good at sports and playing instruments." I cannot believe my mom is telling these kind of things to Lauren. I feel like there's a huge chance of Lauren liking me back. I can feel my face heating up from all the compliments my mom said to me. My gaze found the floor and I'm trying to stop myself for smiling so hard. "What more can you ask for right?" My paused and added, "But sometimes I cannot stand her attitude, she's so hot-headed. Doesn't have any patience and get really angry easily. So, I'm telling you, get rid of her."

I look my mom in disbelief, Lauren wouldn't like me if she keeps saying shit about me. "What- why are you like that? What did I even do to you?" I groaned and there's a smirk on plastered on her face. But I assure you, I just got plus points on making Lauren like me when she said great thing towards me.

My attention went to my little sister who's sipping her juice and gently place it down on the coffee table and hold Lauren's hand. "Hey, Haiz." She look at me and tilted her head. "Is there anything you want to say to your sister?" I have this confident smile on my lips because I know my sister can make up to what my mom just told the green-eyed goddess.

"Lauren, you know my sister is not that bad. But I'm telling you it's a waste of time spending your day with her or even talking to her." She whispered to the blind girl but I can still hear her. I think she's doing it on purpose. "You're lucky she can't see you, then she would've stop hanging out with you when she saw how ugly you are." My sister said playfully and I gasped in shock.

"I cannot believe the two of you! I didn't even do anything to the both of you, why are you guys being like that?" I whined and stand up from the floor and decided to go to my sister first. I attacked her with tickles and she cannot stop herself from laughing.

"Y/N! Stop, I can't- I cannot breathe," The six-year-old said in betwen laughs and I can feel a throw pillow hitting on my body. I look behind me and saw my mom with a huge smile on her face and as she smack me with a throw pillow again.

I almost lay my front on Lauren's lap as try to stop my mom and my sister for attacking me. I can hear their laughs through my ears, I can even hear the cute giggles escapes Lauren's lips when my mom told her to hit me. My mom holds both of Lauren's hands as she even guided it on my back and gave it a light smack repeatedly.