Chapter 45

[A/N: We've reached the forty-fifth chapter of this story! 🎉 Don't mind me, I just want to celebrate lol. Enjoy reading mga bebe qoh.]

Lauren's POV

We're inside the conference room since our Head Chief, Tyrone called us for a quick and short meeting. I don't why he wanted us to gather all together when there's nothing to talk about.

"Well, this weekend passed without any incidents. Actually, this week has passed without a single mobilization." Ty said, his voice is a little bit surprised about what happened this week. Well, that's a good thing that no one got hurt or whatever while I was out.

"But the busiest month of the year has just started. So, everyone be ready." Harry added and we all nodded our heads. "Because of the situation like this, a lot of events has been cancelled. And it definitely seems more quiet than the previous years. That's why we need to do our work twice than we were before."

I slowly block both them off of my head and started doodling on the paper right in front of me. They kept on blabbering about the emergency calls that we had this month, I think? I'm not sure though.

I got back to work this morning and instead of having three days off, I did a week off. But no one complained, except for Harry. He said that I'm being unfair but I know that he only wants to have a week off too. He just doesn't want to admit it and I can feel that he missed me when I was gone.

I keep doodling on the paper that I didn't even notice that I'm already writing Y/N's name with hearts. "Leader Jauregui," I lift my head up to see Brad looking at my doodled paper. "What's that?" He asked while tilting his head.

A blush creeps on my cheeks and quick crumpled the paper. "Oh, it's nothing." I said and he bop his head then turn his attention to Ty again.

I felt my phone buzzes inside my pocket. I furrowed my eyebrows and take it out, I whipped my head to Y/N who was the one who sent me a text message.

[Y/N — 1:32 pm];
Do you wanna come with me?

I turn my head at Y/N and she seems so focused on what Tyrone was saying. But her phone is place on top of the conference table. We're only a seat away from each other since Brad is seated in between us.

"An accident is not a about rescue but prevention. Accounting of equipment, dispatch training etc. They will be more frequent than before, so know that and be prepared." Our Head Chief Ty said and I look down at my phone and decided to sent a quick reply to her.

[Me — 1:33 pm];
May I know where? Are you asking me on another date?

[Y/N — 1:33 pm];
Lol, you wish. So, you wanna come or what?

[Me — 1:34 pm];
Wow, I'm offended.
Where are we going?

[Y/N — 1:34 pm];
I'm kidding, you know how much I love taking you out on a date but not this time. I'll plan us another one.
But somewhere, we are going somewhere. So, you in?

[Me — 1:34 pm];
I'm looking forward to it, Y/LN.
Fine but when?

[Y/N — 1:36 pm];
Later, after this meeting. I'd ask Ty if he can give us a day off.

[Me — 1:36 pm];
Do you know that I just had my week off right?

[Y/N — 1:37 pm];
Yeah, I'm aware. But I know he will get you another day off if you fake getting sick.