Chapter 13

I run as fast I could and try to look for the emergency room. As soon as I got the phone call that my mom was rushed in the hospital, I scurried out of our house and asked the guys to look after Hailee. It turned out that Justin, Zayn and Shawn ditched the school and they said that they are fine being a babysitter for my little sister.

I look around and I saw a huge sign emergency, I sprinted to that room and the door slides open. I turn my head and there's like ten or more patients in this room. But when my eyes landed at my mom, I feel like I'm frozen to my place. I can't believe that this happened to her. She looks lifeless. A huge bandage has been wrapped to her head, a neck brace and some scratches are evident on her face and some on her arms. "Mom?" I feel my voice cracked at the end.

I slowly made my way to her. The nurses are huddled up beside her, checking if everything's okay. "Her blood pressure is stabilized a lot, so decrease the rate of the infusion and secure the blood." I heard the man who looks like in his mid-forties and he is wearing a lab coat.

My eyes never leave my mom's body and I can't help but blame myself for this. Who did this to her? I can feel the tears in my eyes are forming. She cannot die. No. She can't.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the doctor who has been monitoring my mom talked, "Are you her guardian?" He asked.

I try to advert my gaze to my mom but I can't. I sighed and slowly look up to the man who's talking to me, "Ye-yes," I stuttered out. "What- what happened to my mom?"

"I think she got in to a car accident. And it was a hit and run. Just wait for the detectives and listen to what they are going to say," I nodded my head weakly. "For now, her condition seems all right, but she's bleeding in her viscera. So since we don't know when her condition could get dangerous, she has to go in to a surgery real quickly." This is too much to wrap up. My mom got hit now she have to be in a surgery today. Where are we going to get the money for that?

"Here... read the consent for the surgery and sign it." The old man handed me a clipboard with a paper with a huge bold letters, written: Consent for Surgery and pen on the side.

"Surgery?" I asked in quiet voice. What am I going to do now?

-

I don't know how long I've been sitting beside my mom's hospital bed, waiting for her to wake up. I'm texting either Justin, Zayn or Shawn just to check up on my sister. And they told me that they are all doing okay that I should stop worrying and they are also asking about how my mother is and I told them that it's still the same, she still hasn't woken up.

Hailee has still not know about our mom's condition. I don't think she can handle knowing that our mom got hit by some jerk and she's not waking up any minute now.

I still hasn't told Lauren about what happened to my mom. I don't want her to get worried about us.

I can see my mom's finger slowly moving. I shove my phone on my pocket and wait for my mom to flutter her eyes open. "Mom?" My jaw quivered and I can't help but cry when I saw her eyes stare back at me.

"Y/N?" Her voice came out weak.

"Mom? Are you okay? Can you hear me?" I asked her and she tried to smile at me but she failed.

"Why are you so fussy?" She whined.

I take some deep breaths and eye my mom from head to toe. I can feel my eyes roll down to my cheek, "What- What is this?" I sobbed out.