Chapter 41

Lauren's POV

I walk inside the headquarters, my three days off just started now and I don't have anything to do in my house. I texted my bestfried, Lucy asking if she's free today but sadly she told me that she's working with some case with a Detective... I think Detective Hansen is his name, I don't really remember. But they are working on some hit-and-run case that happened a long time ago. I didn't pry more to what the case that Lucy is working on because I know how important to them to keep it a secret for awhile before revealing everything.

Y/N cannot spend the rest of the day with me. I know she still have a lot of work to do, after Harry and I's incident of falling off the building.

And my last option is my ex-fiancé, but can't actually ask him to casually hand out with me, like the two of us didn't broke up and called off our engagement.

Since, Y/N is here and the rest of the team. I decided to pay them some surprise visit. I know the guys will miss me so much if they didn't see me for a day.

I can see them eating a pumpkin rice that I know our Head Chief, Tyrone baked it. God, I miss those pumpkin rice cake.

"Brad, place these to your hands and eat them one by one." Harry handed him three pieces of pumpkin rice cake.

The rookie nodded his head and started munching the food that he is holding. My eyes roam around the resting area room and I don't see any sign or figure of Y/N. She's late.

I push the resting area door open as I clap my hands while walking to them to get their attentions. The guys turn their heads to me and they all smile widely when they saw me.

"Leader Jauregui!" Brad greeted me happily while his face is stuffed with pumpkin rice.

"Lauren!" I waved at them and take a seat next to Louis.

"You're on a three days leave, why did you come back?" Ty asked as he turn his attention to me.

"I came here because I know you guys will miss me so much," I grinned widely and I can see from the corner of my eyes; a green-eyed man scoffing at me.

"I bet you had nowhere to go," Harry chuckled as he squinted his eyes at me. "Do you even have friends? I bet that they're all leaving you because you have a hot temper, you get so mad easily. Do you even have a hobby to distract you? Do you even have a talent?" I playfully rolled my eyes at the green-eyed man and he continues, "To you, this headquarter is your house, your friend and your playground right?"

I send a death glare to Haz and I can see that he's containing his laugh. "What do you mean? I'm so famous. Everyone wants a piece of Lauren Jauregui," I stick my tongue out to him and I can hear the guys snickering.

"A lot of people are calling me, sending me a message telling that they wanted to hang out with me. They are even asking on to go some places with them but I decline all of their hang out request." I run my hand through my hair. "But I chose to come to Miami's Rescue Department because I know if the Ace of this rescue team is gone, there would be a chaos." I click my tongue on the upper side of my mouth. "You should be thankful that I chose you guys over them." I wiggle my thick eyebrows at them and they all laughed except for the curly green-eyed man.

"What do you mean we should be thankful that you chose us over them? We should be telling you to go because we are actually happy that the weirdo of Miami's Rescue Department is not around and our minds are more stable than they are." Harry is giving me the most annoying facial expression that he have. I rolled my eyes at him again.

"But you said it felt empty when without her when you realize that Leader Jauregui have three days off and she's not here, this morning." Brad said seriously and I can't help but have a face eating grin while facing Harry.