Effort is greater than Luck

Kyukie's Note:
Hey hey Kyukie here, this chapter is set when Serendipity has already been released but not DNA. The reason is because this chappie was supposed to be published before DNA but yeh, I didn't meet the deadline obviously.
But I'll be sure to tell you guys when DNA/BTS' comeback would have happened within this fanfic timeline ok?
So DNA doesn't exist in this chapter until I say so!

Also this is a continuation from last chapter..~~

Y/N's p.o.v
"Go back..." I slurred.

"An-dwae-yo~ (No way~)" he muttered cutely like a mischievous child with tricks up his sleeves. He swings and lightly kicks his leg up, making the rubble upon the ground roll. He walks slowly, at the same pace as me. Side by side, our feet moving in synced which makes me wonder if this were choreographed or we are just unconsciously moving in sync.

"I know where my dorm is, it's late into the night and you need to head back."

"I can't let you walk around alone at night, the least I can do for you is to take you back safely. Especially after the trouble Namjoon-hyung has caused."

I waved my hand in denial, "Nah~ it was ok. It was no problem."

"Please, I insist. It's not like I didn't want to walk with you or anything," Jimin smirked a bit which made my heart silently throb, "so how is everything with the training?"

"Oh um it's good, I've been doing good. It's all good," I silently cursed myself as I kept on repeating the word 'good' in front of him like a nervous goofball.

Jimin laughed, "how are the girls?"

"They're-"

"Good?" Jimin chuckled as he finished my sentence.

"Yeah. Well kind of. They're all healthy and busy," I then sighed a bit, "But I heard news about their group are possibly not going to debut."

"Wait what? Really?" Jimin gaped.

"Maybe," I assured him, "I'm not sure but that's all I have heard. But I really hope they can debut. They've worked hard to reach this point. As much as I wish and believe I may reach to that same point, it'll never happen anytime soon. I think I would need luck and maybe a pot full of wishes to survive there and to have a speck of a chance to debut."

"Don't say that~ you don't need luck."

"C'mon look at me, there are so many more people who can outshine ordinary me. Not everyone can debut as an idol."

"That is true," Jimin nodded.

"Which part? The people out shining me part?"

"I was referring to the second part," Jimin stopped me as he grabbed me by my shoulder, "Of course not everyone can become an idol. That's what makes being an idol special, to be chosen out of many hundreds of trainees for a spot in a group or to be solo is an honour."

I placed my hand over Jimin's prying his hand off of me, "Exactly. But what I have only to offer to this industry isn't good enough, Jimin..."

The hand that I was prying off, gently held onto mine. Jimin looked down at our hands, clutching onto each other like two puzzles click together. We continued to walk on this dark footpath, continuing on our journey. I released my grip off of his soft hands, didn't even realised I was holding onto his hand in the first place. But Jimin continues to cling onto my hand, too stubborn to let go.