Protect you (Namjoon's Ending)

Y/N's p.o.v

"I..."

I let out a deep sigh, then lifted my head to meet Jungkook's eyes...

"I'm sorry Jungkook but I cannot accept your feelings."

Jungkook sighs as well, he looked so disappointed. He presses his lips together, accepting the rejection, "I figured... I know that I haven't been the most amazing guy for you," Jungkook's eyes go watery as his heart slowly cracks and breaks, and so does his voice, "Yet I don't know why I had hoped that maybe you would accept my feelings. I'm so stupid."

"No Jungkook... You are a sweet guy, and one of the many people I care about. And I know you care about me as well. It's just that my heart is with someone else. But you helped me realise that... I just wanted to say thank you as well as sorry."

"It's fine," Jungkook half-heartedly chuckles, "as long as you are happy, it's fine with me..."

I could tell through those glossy eyes of his, his tears threatening to fall, his heart must be shattering and his mind must be crumbling as he now knows that his world was falling apart. He now knows that the girl he had liked likes someone else. As much as I want to comfort him, I didn't want to give him false hope. I didn't want him to continue to suffer like this. All I could do is to apologise, even if it may seem nothing but words to him, that's all I could do.

"I'm so sorry Jungkook... It's difficult for me as well—"

Jungkook swiftly places his hand over my cheek and brings my face closer to his. Our lips were about to touch, I could feel Jungkook's breathing in an unstable pattern. He clenched his teeth, as if he tried to hold himself back, to hold himself back from kissing me.

I felt a trickle of warm liquid seep by the corner of my right eye, dripping down my cheek. My lips quivered as my heart, as well, was aching. I hesitantly hooked my hand over Jungkook's (that's upon my cheek) and pry it off of my face. Letting his arm lose strength and flop back down to his side. I blinked my final tear away, "I'm sorry Jungkook... I'm sorry..." I apologised in the calmest voice possible.

"Save it... I don't need it."

I kept my mouth shut as the atmosphere was getting intense and uncomfortable as Jungkook had started to build a wall around himself again, after opening himself to me—feeling vulnerable. I handed him the rabbit plush toy that was in my hands, "I truly am sorry Jungkook... You don't deserve a person like me... you deserve someone better."

He didn't say anything back to me, but just held the toy in his hands, feeling the fluffy material between his fingers.

Out of nowhere, my phone started to buzz and ring. I pulled my phone out and was surprised to see the caller's ID.

"I'm sorry but I need to take this call," I told Jungkook.

"It's fine," Jungkook replied with a small tug on the corner of his lips, "I guess this is my cue to leave."

"Jungkook—"

Jungkook turned around by his heel and walked away in the opposite direction, "Good-bye Y/N..."

~~~ Weeks Later ~~~~

Every weekend in the evening, I find myself at the bar, drinking water, just waiting for him. I hang around at the bar quite frequently to the point that the bartender and I are friends. The bartender was cool, he's more of a listener than a talker. So we usually chat about Namjoon since that's the only topic we can talk about. Yet I can't help myself from looking over my shoulder, hoping for him to show up.