Ch. 35

Adrian's POV- December 2017

I lazily opened my eyes and looked at Byz who chuckled who had nudged me awake.

"Your phone is ringing"

I sighed and stuffed my hands into my pockets. I pulled out my phone and squinted a bit to look at the screen. 

"Fuck" I mumbled.

I answered the call and put my phone against my ear as I rubbed my eyes.

"Hello" I greeted.

"Hey"

"What's up man?" I asked.

I scrunched up my nose because I knew exactly why William Nylander was calling me.

"How do you know Mariana?"

I nudged Byz before standing up. 

"Let me out" I told him.

I hopped over him and made my way towards the back of the bus. 

"She works for the team" I answered once I was in the bathroom.

The guys were nosey, and it was not their business. It wasn't mines either, but Mariana had dragged me into this.

"I swear nothing is going on with her and I. Mariana is a beautiful and smart girl, but I have a girlfriend. She's actually Mariana's soon to be step sister" I stated. 

"You witnessed one of the many breakdowns I had this summer, and you looked at me in the eye and said if there was a way you could help you would"

I sighed.

"I thought we were friends"

I frowned.

"We are friends, but this is not something I should be involved. It's something between you and Mariana" I argued.

"In case you didn't know, she's not speaking with me"

I raised an eyebrow.

"So you're telling me that you haven't heard from her?" I asked.

"No"

I pressed the home button on my phone, December 17. Soph had told me that Mariana was going to take a flight to Toronto and confront William.

"I don't want to get involved, but you two are my friends and I've known you longer so I'm going to tell you something" I said.

"What?"

"Mariana is in Toronto, she should have landed about an hour ago. She told me she was going to your condo to talk with you"

"You're lying"

"I'm not" I replied.

There was a light pause followed by a shuffle.

"Bye"

The call ended and I looked at the screen of my phone. I immediately called Soph.

"Hello"

"Is Mariana in Toronto?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"I got a call from Willy, he knows I know" I answered.

She sighed.

"Well let's hope this gets fixed. Either they makeup or forget about each other"

I nodded.

"Let's hope they makeup though cause I want to meet him"