Ch. 44

Adrian's POV- February 2017

I slammed the door to my hotel room shut and lied down. I sighed and groaned when I heard a light knock on the door. I sat up and glared at the door before getting up to answer it.

"What?" I snapped as I opened the door.

My teammate, Paul LaDue smiled at me.

"We were going to watch Soph's meet together"

I rubbed my face and nodded. That had totally slipped my mind.

"You forgot"

"I did" I admitted.

I stepped back to let him in and sighed as I closed the door.

"Have you not been sleeping well?"

I played like shit tonight because of how tired I was.

"You're cranky, more than usual. How about you nap and when Soph's turn comes I'll wake you up"

I nodded and as childish as that sounded I was thankful I wouldn't be alone.

"Why don't you change out of your suit. Pretty sure you only brought two"

"Dina is bringing me my other one later on" I told him.

I tugged on my tie and pulled it off. I stripped out of my suit and put on a pair of basketball shorts. I grabbed a blue UCLA athletics shirt.

"Nice shirt"

"Thanks, Soph got it for me" I said as I slipped on my shirt.

I took my contacts off before sitting on the bed. I lied down and tossed him the remote. 

"Watch away" I stated.

He chuckled as I closed my eyes. I fell asleep faster than usual, and he woke me up about an hour later. To me it felt like a few minutes though, that's how tired I was. I slowly sat up and reached for my glasses. 

"She's up first on floor"

I looked up at the screen and let out a deep breath as I watched Soph get ready to preform. I reached for my phone and saw Soph had texted me. 

Good game love, see you tomorrow. Can't talk tonight, Miss Val wants the whole team to relax at her place. Night! I've got your suit btw

I replied,

Have fun my love. 

Good night and thank you!

Love you

I locked my phone and looked up as Soph did her first pass. She wobbled a bit and continued her routine.

"I love this next pass"

I nodded agreeing as Soph began her 'fan favorite' tumble.