Fifty One

Sophia's POV- October 2017

I'm pretty sure I was going to not have a voice tomorrow but I did not care. It's not like I needed to use my voice tomorrow. Adrian had just scored his first goal of the season...along with his second and third. He had been so stressed about not helping the team in scoring, so I was glad his small 'slump' was over.

"Your boy is on fire!"

I looked at Mariana and smiled.

"It's a shame I have an 8 AM" I joked.

I made sure to say it loud enough for George to hear. He scrunched up his nose and pretended to gag.

"Um, I don't want to know what you and Adrian do during your free time"

Adrian was not getting anything from me tonight. I had a midterm tomorrow, and another on Friday. Classes were keeping me busy, but I was glad I was able to see Adrian more. The NHL was doing a number on him, he was always tired. William told him that was normal and that he would grow used to the routine.

"Have you talked with William?" I asked Mariana.

"Yeah, right before his game. He was telling me that he and Adrian are planning on having lunch together next week"

The Kings would be out of Los Angeles on a few games road trip.

"So when are you going to Toronto?" I wondered.

Nursing school was keeping her quite busy, but I'm sure she'd find a way to see William.

"Probably not until December. They will be here in November so I'll see him before then"

I nodded and looked at George.

"You need a girlfriend" I stated.

He hummed and took a sip of his beer.

"I decided to take a break from women"

I raised an eyebrow.

"What about men?" I wondered.

He chuckled.

"Not like that Soph. For the past 4 years or so I had my eyes on one person. When I finally got her attention I realized I was honestly just infatuated by her. I want to focus on myself and of course my career"

George was currently working in the media department for the Los Angeles Dodgers.

"My girl will eventually come"

We turned our attention back to the game as the goal horn sounded indicating the game was over. Thankfully, the Kings beat the Canadiens 5-1. I bid goodbye to Mariana and George before making my way down to the family room. There was no way Adrian was going to get out of being interviewed, so I took a seat and pulled a book out of my purse.

"Hey nerd"

I glanced up and smiled at Tyler Toffoli who signaled for me to stand up.

"Hey" I greeted.

"Juice told me to tell you that if you want, you can head home. It looks like it's going to be a while"

I looked at the time and nodded.

"I'm going to wait for him" I told him.

"He figured you would"

He grinned.

"Hey babe"

I smiled at Cat, his fiance who smiled up at him.

"Is he bothering you?"