Ch. 42

Sophia's POV- Valentine's day 2017

I closed my notebook and tucked the pen in the spiral before I reached for my backpack. Once that was done, I quickly stood up and made my way out. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at the screen as I turned the ring on. I figured it would look like this since my phone would not stop vibrating every 5 minutes. Mom knew I was in class, so I had no clue as to why she kept calling. Just as I was about to call her back, my phone began ringing.

"Hello" I greeted.

I began making my way back to my dorm and smiled at Kyla as I passed by her.

"Honey! I've been trying to get a hold of you for over an hour now!"

"Mom, I just got out of class. What's up?" I asked.

"Is Adrian with you?"

"He's in the room" I answered.

"Why is he not answering his phone?"

"It was dead this morning, I don't think he turned it on when he put it to charge" I replied.

She sighed.

"Honey, the Kings have been trying to get a hold of him all morning"

My heart dropped when she said that. The Kings wouldn't be that stupid to trade their first round pick...right?

"Was he traded?" I asked.

"No, god no the Kings would we stupid to do that. He's been called up"

I laughed and picked up my pace.

"I gotta go" I said.

I ended the call and took off towards the dorm. My phone started ringing as I made my way inside the building. 

"Hello" I greeted.

"Hello, is this Sophia?"

"This is her, may I ask who's calling?" I asked.

"This is Dean Lombardi, I've been trying to get a hold of Adrian for a while now. He's not answering anyone's calls or texts which make sense since it is his day off. By any chance is he there with you?"

"I am trying my best to get to him right now" I replied.

"Take your time, it's not bad news I assure you"

"Give me a second" I told him before muting the call.

I opened the door to the room and turned on the lights.

"Adrian, wake up" I called out.

I set my backpack down and climbed up on the bed. I shook him and frowned when he didn't wake up.

"Adrian, wake up" I repeated a little louder this time.

His eyes snapped open when I squeezed his shoulder while I shook him. He looked at me a little disoriented and confused.

"Wake up, the Kings GM is on the phone" I said.

He bolted up and looked at me.

"What?"

I unmuted the call and handed him my phone. I sat on the edge of the bed as Adrian put the phone agains his ear.

"Hello"

I watched as he nodded and turned around to reach for his phone while at the same time sitting on the edge of the bed. He made a face once his phone was on, and he saw all the missed calls and unread texts. His phone fell from his hands as his eyes went wide. 

"Yeah, let me get a paper and a pen"

He stood up and made his way to my desk. I watched him scribble in a sticky note and slowly nod as he read out an address. While he did that, I picked up his phone that was on the floor and set it on the bed.

"Yeah, sorry about that"

He let out a light chuckle as he nodded.

"See you then"

I heard the light beeps as the call ended and smiled at Adrian when he turned to look at me. 

"I just"

He pressed his hand against his face and smiled. I sat up and reached for his hand pulling him towards the bed.

"It finally happened"

I smiled and pulled him into a tight hug.

"I'm so happy for you" I told him.

I kissed his cheek and gave him a deep kiss before hugging him tighter. He buried his face against my shoulder and sniffled against it. Once his breathing settled a bit, I nudged him making him pull away. I reached for my towel and dabbed his face dry.

"Call your parents" I suggested.

He let out a light chuckle.

"They know, everyone knew before me apparently"

"It will be a great story in the future" I stated.

He nodded.

"I need to check into my hotel room, in about an hour. Do you want to come?" 

"Sure" I answered.

I accepted the kiss he was leaning in for, and let him help me off the bed. He turned to the door as it opened and Jackie rushed inside. She screamed earning a chuckle from him.

"Why did you two not text me! I found out through the NHL App!"

She stepped forward and pulled him into a hug.

"I was asleep, I literally just found out"

I smiled as she cackled at that.

"Well congrats, Ahhh! I'm so happy for you!" 

He raised an eyebrow.

"Shouldn't you be in class?"

It's true, Jackie had Biology discussion.

"Yeah, but I forgot my textbook"

She grabbed the book on the desk and waved at us.

"Bye!"

Adrian turned to me when the door closed.

"How long is her class?"

"An hour" I replied.

"Let's be late in checking and have some fun?"

I raised an eyebrow.

"Or" I began saying.

He smiled as I winked at him.

"Let's save that for the hotel room" I stated.

"Well let's not keep those receptionists waiting"

He gave me a quick peck before reaching for his shoes and sitting on the edge of the bed. 

"This kind of sucks, I was hoping I could make it to your meet on Monday"

I shrugged.

"The season isn't over yet" I said.

"I love you"

"I love you too" I answered before he kissed me.

I turned to look at the teddybear, balloons and chocolates on my desk. I let out a light sigh and smiled a bit.

"Something wrong?"

I looked at Adrian and smiled.

"No, Valentine's day will certainly be one for the books" I replied.