Ch. 39

Adrian's POV- January 2017

I smiled at Dina when she opened the front door.

"How was your nap?"

"Much needed" I admitted as she pulled me into a hug.

She gave me a squeeze and kissed my cheek. I looked down when I heard a light growl and chuckled to see Mariana's small dog, Babe was looking up at me.

"Hi Babe" I greeted.

He barked and let me pet him.

"I'll take these"

Dina took the box of donuts I had picked up on my way here.

"They're all outside"

I nodded and placed my car keys on the coffee table before making my way out. I smiled at Blue when he barked as he approached me.

"You forgot how I look?" I asked him.

He wagged his tail as I scratched behind his ears.

"You're here!"

I looked away from Blue and smiled at Soph who was making her way over.

"How was your nap?"

"Like I told your mom, it was much needed" I replied.

She smiled and hugged me.

"Did you get a chance to watch the meet?"

I squeezed her and shook my head at her.

"You're going to be the death of me" I admitted.

She laughed and I took the time to give her a quick peck. I wasn't able to make it to her teams home opener, but I was able to convince coach to record it. I had a near heart attack when she began her series and almost fell off the beam during her first pass.

 I had a near heart attack when she began her series and almost fell off the beam during her first pass

She managed to grip onto the beam with her feet which kept her on it. It was pretty cool, but more terrifying. They ended up winning the meet, we did not win our game though.

"Adrian"

"Your honor" I greeted.

We both nodded at each other and I ignored the frown he gave Soph when I let go of her. Mariana's small dog, Babe barked at me for attention.

"Nice to see you too little guy" I added. 

I grinned when I made eye contact with Willy.

"How long are you here for?" I asked.

He chuckled as I pulled him into a hug

"Just a couple of days"

I nodded and gave Mariana a kiss on the cheek.

"You two know each other?"

Willy nodded as he turned to Lorenzo.

"Yeah, we were teammates"