Chapter 17: This Isn't Over

Amethyst P.O.V Continued
I walk into Melissa's room and I see wires and things hooked up to her, but she's awake and she's smiling at me. "Mommy." She says and reaches out for me. I walk over to her and attack her with soft hugs and kisses all over. Just hearing her giggle and seeing her smile gives me hope. "How ya feeling baby?" I ask her. "My head hurt mommy." She says with a small frown.

"Bella, is anything she can take or does she need rest?" I ask while turning around to face Bella. "She just needs some rest that's all. I'll do a quick check up but she might have to stay the night here, just to be sure." Bella says while taking Melissa's temperature. I kiss Melissa good bye for now and I go back to Garnet. I walk in and see her sleep. She has so many bandages and casts on her, it almost makes me cry. I almost cried seeing Melissa too, but she's so strong and I'm proud of her.

"Mom! Is mama ok?" I hear Mona say and I turn around and see her, Tamika, Malachite, Opal, Steven, Sapphire, and Ruby. "Guys! I missed you so much! Garnet is fine, she'll just be in here for a week or two." I say as we all group hug. "We came as soon as we could. When Steven found out, he couldn't sleep without knowing​ that she was ok. He even bought her a card." Opal says and Steven sleepily nods. "Aww baby boy." I say as I pick him up and he just wraps around me.

"Is it ok if I put him with Melissa?" I ask Opal and Mal and they nod. I go to Melissa's room and her face lights up when she sees Steven. "Steven!" She says and he wakes up a little. I put him down and he crawls in the hospital bed with Melissa. "You look tired." She said. "I am.....not." he says slowly. "Lay down. I'll sleep too." She says and they cuddle together and eventually fall asleep.

I walk back to Garnets room and go over to Sapphire and Ruby. "You know, we are super proud of her. And she's so luck to have you. She loves you with all her heart and you've been there no matter what. We have decided to stay home for a while, so we can come over and things." Ruby says while holding Sapphire. "Live with us. We have the room. Garnet would love it and Melissa would love to spend time with her grandmas." I say with a smile and they smile back.

"I'd think we'd love that." Sapphire says and we three lightly laugh. We group hug and just talk for a while. Some time has passed and Sapphire says "Well, I'm getting pretty tired and Amethyst has to stay here. I think we should all go." She says and everyone agrees. "Bye mom. Update all of us." Tamika says to me and we hug. "You called me mom." I say happily. "It's about time." Tamika says and we both laugh. I hug everyone else good bye and they all leave.

I can take care of Steven, he's like my son so it's fine and Mal and Opal have there complete trust. Plus, I wouldn't want to break up Melissa and Steven, I kinda ship them, a little bit even though there cousin's. I walk to Melissa's room and kiss their foreheads and then go back to Garnets room. I see her moving a little bit and tears coming out of her eyes. I go over to her and hold her close from sitting in my chair and kiss her forehead head a couple times and I whisper in her ear "Baby, I'm here. Don't worry, I got you." And I slowly fall asleep.

Garnet P.O.V
I wake up and rub my eyes. I look over and see Amethyst asleep in the chair. I stretch a little bit and my wounds are healed, not completely, but enough for me to get up and walk around​. I get up, even though it causes me pain, and go into a small closet. I grab a blanket and put it on Amy. It's pretty cold in here so I go back under my covers. I groan in pain because I think I have some broken bones.

"You ok Garnet?" Amethyst asks while sitting up, immediately alert. "Yes baby I'm fine." I say to her. "Don't​ lie to me, I heard you groaning in pain." She said while looking in my eyes. "Ok, but I did it for you. I got you a blanket because it's cold in here." I said and she smiled softly. "Thank you, but just don't get out of bed." She says to me and I smile back at her. "I love you." I say. "I love you too." She says.