•four•

Hospitals suck. I know that from experience. I've been here too many times.
I can finally move, just not well. Pain shoots through my entire body as I raise my hand in the air. Even more cuts on my arms and a sling around my other arm. I don't remember hurting it. Although, I don't remember a lot of what happened only hours ago.
I shake ever-so-slightly and I hear the monitor beeping every few seconds. A knock on the door rings through my ears and I lean back into my pillow of the hospital bed.
"Alexander Standall. We got your information from the system. Seems you've been here before." A doctor says but I can't speak.
"You're going to live, just don't push yourself too hard, okay? We are going to keep you for another night just to stay sure about your lungs. But we've got some bad news for you." He says and I manage to open an eye.
He's got a scruff and gray hair roams across his head.
"Your friend, Matthew? I'm sorry, Alex.."
My other eye shoots open.
"What?" My voice croaks and sounds hoarse.
"He didn't make it. Got hit in the head really hard and the pain just overextended into his brain." The doctor puts a clipboard down and walks out of the room so suddenly.
My eyes start to sting.
No no no no no no no no no no no no..

The only person who cared about me, who was there for me when my mom was threatening to kick me out of the house for no reason. He's gone.
Now I'm alone.

***

I'm able to leave, go home. But where's home? I can't go home right now. My mom would actually kill me.
Justin's house? No, his mom is crazy too. Kasen? He's at work. Tony? I don't know if I'm welcomed with him but I could try.

I have to walk there, which isn't too far away, but I'm injured so it'll take a while.
My legs are sore. Bruises cover them at the knees. How could I let this happen?

I arrive at his doorstep and ring the door bell. It's a few moments before he answers but he gives a shocked look when he does.
"What the hell happened to you?" He nearly yells, motioning me to come inside.
   I sigh, a tear falls down my face.
"May I use the restroom really quick? I'll tell you everything after." I zoom off into the bathroom covering my face.
   I lean into the counter with the arm I am able to use, looking at the sink, then up at the mirror. A gash lines across my face, along dried blood and scratches where the glass was fallen. Some of my platinum hair is stained red from blood. A huge bruise from where I hit my head starts to swell. Who even am I anymore? I throw some water on my face and head back out into the living room where Tony rests on the couch.
"I went to that huge party last night." I sigh, sitting down on the couch opposite of him, "My friend was drunk. I tried to stop him and I offered to drive, but I didn't try hard enough."
   My eyes well up again. Why did I go to that party? Why?
"Alex," he pauses, "it's not your fault."
"But it is. Just like everything is." my chest starts to throb again and I grab at it.
"Ow.."
   Tony steps up to get me a glass of water, which I down quickly.
"Can I crash here for a few nights?" I ask suddenly, kind of overwhelming myself setting down the glass.
Tony stares at me, then snaps back to reality.
"Yeah sure. Stay as long as you need." He replies.
"Sorry for the trouble, and I know we aren't really friends but I have no one else." I state, looking down at my hand.
"Matt is gone. I wish I could have done something..." I trail off and become exceedingly tired.
Tony checks his watch.
"It's 9:00pm. Sleep here. Goodnight." He throws a blanket at me and I doze off.

(A/N: is the book bad or good???? I'm working really hard on it tbh and I'm trying not to cry omg lol byeeee)