•eighteen•

(A/N: I just got the 13RW book so I'm using it as a reference)
   I remember listening to Hannah's tapes. It was quite mortifying, actually.

   I remember coming home to a package, running inside with it. Lucky enough my mom hasn't got to it first.

   I came home from school. I turned towards the steps, noticing a package, taped poorly into a rectangle.
   I tiptoed up the steps, turning the knob into my room. The room the same boring color, never any life to it.
   I unwrapped the packaging and flipped open the shoebox to see seven tapes, each had been labeled over with what looked like blue nail polish. Each side had a different number, leading up to 13.
   My dad had given me an old Walkman when I was really small, but I kept it on my bookshelf. I'm lucky I still have it.
   I find my pair of red and black head phones and slip them in the Walkman, along with the first tape.

"Hello boys and girls. Hannah Baker here. Live and in stereo."

Woah.

   I had to pause it there.

What? That's not possible.

"No return engagements. No encore. And this time, absolutely no requests."

Shit. What?

"...I'm about to tell you the story of my life. More specifically, why my life ended. And if you're listening to these tapes, you're one of the reasons why."

   Oh no. I know what I did to be on here.

   I'm sorry Hannah. I wish I could've said that. I really did.

---
A/N : it might be a double update night and I really like this chapter lol.