•forty-one•

It's now Saturday night. I'm alone in my house, Mom's at work. My head rests against my pillow. I look up at the ceiling.
I stand up to walk downstairs to get a drink of water. My footsteps fall in place with the ground, while I flip on a light switch.
Walking over to the counter, Ao grab a glass and proceed to fill it with water.

A few knocks sound front the fort door. Startled, I make my way to the door and twist the knob open with my left hand.

"Justin," I rub my eyes, "what are you doing here this late?"

His face shows sadness, and he looks towards the ground, not responding.

"W-What's wrong?" I stammer out.

"Jessica broke up with me. For real this time, though." He gives me a sad look, while I gesture him inside.

"Why?"

   Sitting down on the club next to Justin, I set my water down on the table.

"I'm not even sure. I'm really...ugh." Sigh.

   Same. Honestly.

   I ruffle my hand through my fading hair and frown.

"It'll be fine." I assure.

"I dunno, Alex. She's the only one that would care for me when my mom's boyfriend was over and he would...you know." He dragged on.

   God, I feel bad. I would do something but it would make matters worse.

"Do you want to stay here?" My voice offers, "my mom will be okay with it. I know you need somewhere to st-" I stop, "Okay?"

"Okay. Thank you." He says.

   Justin lies back into the couch, examining the ceiling closely. I guess I'm not the only one that does that.

----
Sorry I updated late. I had track practice today because I made it to sectionals (yay!!!) and I didn't have time to write much plus I was on writers block so guys please drop some ideas in the comments because idk what to write???

I did not review this chapter so mind any grammar + spelling mistakes