•twenty-nine•

Again, I think back to the night. The lights, the car horns blaring. It was just another scarring memory in my brain, but I'll never forget.

I was fidgeting with my phone, checking social media and looking at all the pictures people posted of the party. I glanced over at Matt swerving around the road. Laughing, I thought he was joking around, but he really couldn't control himself.
Other cars passed, and he moved over enough but they honked at him, probably for being a jackass.
But that one car.
That one.
It happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
That small blue car, hit by a big red truck.
The person inside was okay, I wasn't dead, just seriously injured. Matt. He was the one that ended up dead. It should have been me, honestly.

Why do I keep thinking about it? I need to stop.
   The memory keeps coming back constantly and it's making me agitated.

   I swing my legs over the chair of my desk, making eye contact with the white pills again.
    Picking them up, I walk down the stairs quietly, hoping not to wake up my mother.
   I walk into the bathroom, and set them up in the medicine cabinet. The door closes easily and I walk back upstairs. Not so quiet this time.
   Luckily I don't wake up my mom. My door knob turns open and I'm greeted by the warm fresh air, only because my window is open.
   I walk over to the window, looking out at all the lights of our town. Innocent. Hm..

It was.

   I still find myself standing next to the window, looking out. The same girl, from only a few weeks ago, is running past. She looks about my age and has her phone up to her ear.
I check my watch and notice it's 10:00. Sliding my window open, I get the girl's attention. She turns toward me and gives me a weird look.

"Uh, what are you doing walking around town this late?" I call, seeing that I'm on the top floor of the house.

She sort of hesitates answering me, but she does.

"Just...you know...exploring." I can't see her well but I can see the nervous smirk on her face.

I nod, almost hitting my head on the window. My hand reaches up for the top of my head and I chuckle.

"Alright, goodnight!" I call and shut the window. She starts to walk away as I bring myself towards my bed.

Strange girl walking around at 10 o'clock at night. Funny.

----------
A/N : JUST SO YALL KNOW THE GIRL WILL NOT BE A LOVE INTEREST UNLESS YOU GUYS WANT THEM TO BE but pls comment what you think :)