•forty-five•

My bike rides along the sidewalk smoothly. The tires turn against the ground, pulling up to the bridge I was at only a few days ago.
I swing my legs under me. One push from someone behind me, I'd fall in and most-likely drown.
   My forehead is pressed against the metal, again, my chin pulled towards my chest. I look down into the river at all the fish.

   I hear an engine come to a stop behind me. Figuring they just need to stop, I don't turn around to see who it is. But they sit there, their car still turned off.

Silence.

Then footsteps.

"What the hell are you doing out here?" Oh god.

It's Abby.

"You know.." I trail off, turning around to meet my eyes with hers.

"No I don't. I was coming home from my dad's and saw this kid with platinum hair, sitting on a bridge. I'm kinda worried about you."

   My fingers fidget around each other.

   I mean, Abby shouldn't worry about me, it's not like she's my girlfriend or anything, and it's not like I want her to be.

"Maybe you shouldn't be worried about me."

"Excuse me? You're one of my only friends here, I just moved here. Alex, if there's something going on in your life, I need to know. Much stronger than I want to know." She continues on and on.

   I throw my hands up in surrender, as I begin to stand up.

"Alright," she stops, her bright red hair blowing slightly in the wind, "so what's wrong?
----

I will probably only write a few more chapters because I'm running out of ideas, guys please leave some ideas in the comments!!