•forty-six•

"Alright," she stops, her bright red hair blowing slightly in the wind, "so what's wrong?"

I shake my head and shrug my shoulders.

"Abby," her green eyes look down on me, "I don't really want to talk about it, I just want to..you know..not think."

Fidgeting with my thumbs again, Abby sits next to me. I scoot over to make room.
My forehead presses against the metal, causing me to shiver.

"It's okay. We can both...um...not think together." She wraps her arm around my shoulder, while I laugh.

   The sun begins to set but I stay in place.

"You can go home, it's okay." My voice gurgles after not talking.

"Alright. I have to get home to my mom anyways. Bye Alex." She says after her black converse make contact with the ground as she steps down to it softly.

"Bye.."

***

My feet hit the soft floor of my dark bedroom. I have my nose towards the ceiling, as I sniff the cold air.
My back arches into a shiver from the cold. I throw on a navy blue sweatshirt.
I am so not ready for this weather.

My back hits the bed, as soon as I pull my arm through the sleeve.
Eyes start to flutter close and I stop myself.

Grabbing my phone, I send a quick "goodnight" to Abby and Kian.

--

Aww ❤️ (btw I will not be reading over my chapters anymore bc of the lack of time to write I have, so if there's any errors, please don't point it out because I already know, thank you!)