05) Doggys home

Later that day after we brought Max home, Dad immediately went to work outside. He put up some metal rod that would keep him on a leash. Which I did not find very amusing.

"Do we have to tie him up I feel bad for him" Mom said as Justin tried pulling him over to where are Dad was sitting. I walked over towards Mom and hugged her side.

"He's too unstable to stay in the house with us and I can't have him running around loose out here" I rolled my eyes and walked towards Justin and stood next to him.

"Why don't we just build a fence" I said not yet used to using my voice. It sounded scratchy and weak.

"That's a great idea" Dad said as Max tried running around as Mom tried calling him. "Who's gonna pay for it you" he said looking at my twin as he struggled with Max.

"No" Justin said.

"You could trick the neighborhood kids into white washing it" I continued as if I read his mind.

"You sure these two are ours" Dad said with a stern look on his face.

"Yep and I have the stretch marks to prove it" I giggled and walked towards Max he looked at me for while before glancing up at my head. I took the hat off and Max immediately grabbed it from my hand. He seemed to calm down more as he held onto it.

Dad walked towards Max and tried putting the metal leash on him but he growled. Dad sighed in annoyance and handed it to Justin.

"Careful honey" Mom said as Justin put the leash on him. "Ok well let the three of us go get Max some dinner" I smiled brightly and tried running into the house but Justin put his arm out stopping me.

"Woah, woah I did not sign on to babysit Kyle's dog" I pinched his arm and he dropped it glaring at me.

"Ill come with you Mom" she smiled at me and I stuck my tongue out at Justin.

"Hey Kyle's gone" I sucked in a breath. "So this dog is officaly the both of yours understand" Justin scoffed and tried walking away but Max tried following him. Max started running around and barking.

"Hey Mom I think I'm gonna stay here with Max" I said looking at Max. She said a quick okay and they both disappeared into the house.

I walked towards Max and he calmed down a little. I reached down towards the grass and picked up the hat and placed it on my head. Dad watched us and shook his head. I could already tell he didn't like having Max around. I didn't care he's the perfect dog.

I grabbed a ball and threw it to him but he just stared at it. Max barked a little making Dad and I turn towards the window to see Justin and Mom hugging. It made me smile seeing him smile. Even if it wasn't his normal smile. It was alright for now.

Later that night when Justin and I were in our room we heard Max howling. "I'm sorry" I whispered.

"For what" he said as he stared at the ceiling.

"For not talking to you" I heard shuffling then felt my bed dip.

"Its not your fault" he said sitting beside me. "You were sad we all were" I hugged into his side as Max continued to howl. I knew Mom and Dad were still awake.

"Justin get that dog to shut up" I jumped at the sudden force in my Dads voice. Justin grabbed one of my pillows and chucked it on the ground and stormed out of our room.

I followed him into Kyle's room where he opened the box at the end of Kyle's bead and grabbed the red kong.

We both ran down the stairs throwing our coats on and burst through the back door. "Hey is this how its gonna be" he said and pulling out the dog toy from behind his back. Max looked at it and barked. "Yeah ok sit" and Max did just that. I made my way towards Justin's side and stared at the dog in front of me.

Max grabbed the toy. It when Justin tried touching him he growled. "Well uh see you in the morning" Justin said walking back inside but I stayed put. Max barked. "What is wrong with you" Justin said clearly annoyed.

"Justin" Dad said clearly pissed off. I know what I said don't judge.

"Look I'm trying" Just said turning towards the house. Then the neighbor started yelling at us and Justin told him to come on over.

Justin stormed off into the house. I tried following but Max growled at me.

"You want me to stay" I walked towards him. "Sit boy sit" he sat back. I tried walking back inside but he barked at me. "Alright okay" I walked back over towards him and curled up on the lawn. Max never took his eyes off me. "Just until you fall asleep" I said looking up at the stars. But the darkness consumed me and I was fast asleep.