10) Surprise

I don't know what I'm looking at. Justin looked confused as well. Right at the moment I'm not sure if I'm pissed off or if I'm really pissed off. Ill figure it out though. Sooner or later.

  Justin went towards the window where Mom was doing dishes. "What's uh what's that" he said after knocking on the window.

  She sighed "your father put it there while you were gone he does not want to argue about it" I sighed staring down at the cage that was sitting in front of me.

  "Who's arguing" I said looking over towards them. "He didn't want Max here in the first place remember" I put my hands on my his as Justin walked back towards me and Max and opened the cage.

  "Max come on" I looked at Justin but he wouldn't look back to afraid to look me in the eye.

  "Justin" I tried reasoning but Max got in the cage.

  "Jenna you heard Mom he doesn't want to argue" he said loud enough that Mom could hear. Max got in with his tail in between his legs.

  I felt bad for him. "Kids lets go we got to get to the parade" I sighed looking at Justin before walking inside to grab Kyle's hat.

  We all went as a family down towards the parade. The sirens blaring from the fire trucks. Justin stayed by Mom while I found Chance. He asked me to sit by him during the parade and I just couldn't refuse. Well I could have but there's no way I would have.

   "Sorry about your brother" Chance said as he leaned against the store. Kids were running and screaming trying to get the candy that was being thrown at them.

  "Don't be" I said looking at him for a second. "It wasn't your doing" he smirked and glanced at me before looking back towards the street. Justin walked past us as the band went by. He glanced at me and nodded before walking towards Mom. I looked across the street to see Chuy and his family including Carmen. Chuy say me and smiled.

  "You know he really likes you" Chance said loud enough so I could hear over the band.

  I shrugged "he's liked you since we were kids Jen" he said with a hint of sadness.

  "Hey I gotta catch up to Justin" I said before walking off. I hated whenever people said stuff like that. Cause I know deep in my heart I've always liked him to. I found Justin and linked my arm with his own. We sat beside are Mom as Dad and Tyler walked by. Dad hugged Tyler and I could feel Justin's grip on my arm loosen.

  I smiled at him as everyone started to get ready for the nights fireworks. People sat on there cars and in the middle of the street. But my main focus was on Max. The loud noise. Would he freak out? Would he think we were hurt?

   Once the fireworks started I heard a slight howl. Justin and I looked at each other. Before anybody noticed we raced off towards the house where the howling became clearer.

  We raced to the house as fast as possible not knowing how much sorrow are dog might have been in.

  When we got there we ran to the backyard only to find Max howling and scratching at the bottom of his cage. Justin and I glanced at each other not knowing what to do or how to help.

  "I'll try to get him out you go get Kyles blanket" I nodded and raced inside the house and up the stairs.

  I burst through our bedroom door and quickly grabbed the blanket before rushing back outside again.

  I got outside and found Justin inside the cage with Max. Slowly I climbed in and shut the door. Max was in Justin's lap whining from the loud sounds. I felt bad for him.

  Max snuggled closer to me and the blanket and I gently put my head on Justins shoulder and slowly fell asleep.