07) Dog training

We raced home and of course I won. But Justin kept on saying he let me win. So I let him believe it so he could go to his date. Hehe wink wink!!

He ran to our room with me trailing behind, ran to his closet and pulled out like five different shirts. I pulled on my hat and sat on my bed drawing.

Justin put on one shirt after another then fixed his hair over and over. "How does this look" he would ask me and I would throw something at him. He finally stopped asking then started mumbling about ' why do I have a sister if she doesn't help me ' so I threw something at him.

Max barked and Justin looked out the window. I heard a whistle as I ran downstairs and laughed.

I ran towards Max before Justin got out and grabbed the leash pulling him back. "Easy boy" he looked towards Chuy and growled making me laugh.

Justin came outside with the stupidest shirt ever and ran beside Carmen. "Yo that dog reminds me of your Pops" Chuy said making me glare at him. I clicked my tongue and Max came over and sat beside me in a protective manor.

Max still barked at them as he sat beside me. "Maybe this is a bad idea" Justin said.

"Yo he hasn't growled at your sister once B" I rolled my eyes as they looked towards me.

"Ya she's the only one who's able to get even a finger on him, I think its just the hat though" Max looked at my hat and stole it from my head. I gasped and tried taking it from him which ended in a game of tug a war which I was not winning.

Carmen tried coming over to us with a bag of cookies or dog treats but Justin stopped her saying she shouldn't get to close. Max stopped playing and walked towards her. I stole the hat from his mouth and put it back on my head.

"This is close enough for now just let him think about it" she said kneeling down towards Max.

"Yo I'm out Carmen if you get bit it aight my fault right" I rolled my eyes and stood up walking over towards Chuy. "Or maybe ill stay" he said looking at me. I rolled my eyes and stood beside him.

He then started talking about our Dad again and Carmen had enough. "That's messed up the way you let Chuy hit on your Dad like that" I walked behind Chuy and shoved him towards Max making him fall. Max growled and Chuy scrambled behind me. I rolled my eyes.

"Its called being loyal" she finished her speech.

"Its called being psycho you and Max have something in common with that" he said looking at Max. Max barked.

"I'm not the one he has to get along with" I them felt someone grab my hand. I looked to my left to see Chuy looking at his cousin and my brother. I rolled my eyes as he was in fact holding my hand.

Carmen gave my brother a dog treat and he walked towards Max. He got closer and closer. "Don't do it man" Chuy yelled making me and Max both jump back, I let go of his hand in the process.

Carmen hit him. "You tryin to get my boy killed" she hit him again with the bag.

"Shut up Chuy" she said and Chuy backed off.

"Maybe I should just give it to him first" Justin said making me roll my eyes. Carmen turned towards him. "No its a reward you can't get a reward if you don't earn it" preach it.

Justin walked forward and Max let him touch him and he gave him the treat. "That's a start" then she turned to me. "Got a leash" I ran inside slamming the door open and grabbed the leash from Kyle's bedroom.

I ran outside and clipped it onto Max's collar and pulled the other one off. I then grabbed Max and pulled him towards Justin giving him the leash. I walked back over to where I was next to Chuy and sat down in the grass. "Im done call me when its time for dinner" I said making Chuy laugh and Justin roll his eyes. Carmen just sat there absorbing me.

Carmen then grabbed Max's leash and started walking him around the yard. "Don't let your dog walk you, you walk your dog" I sat up and watched keeping my legs out in front of me. "Dogs run in packs so if he's leading you he's leading the pack" yawnnnn just kidding I'm not that rude.

She then gave Justin the leash and walked back towards Chuy. Justin walked around a bit as Chuy sat beside me trying to stay far from Max. "My brother said he was like some specialized search dog" he circled around us. "Located weapons and stuff" Max nudged my leg.

"Yo we got the air Jordan of dogs here man" Chuy said walking closer to them but not to close.

"Oh I'm sorry Chuy did you want to try" he said getting closer to Chuy.

"Heck no man you crazy"he said jumping behind me. I laughed and tried moving but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me up.

Carmen gave Justin some instructions something about keeping him to the left some. I then looked towards the house to see our Mom looking at us from the window. I waved a little and she smiled.

"Alright Max such a superstar lets see how you do off leash" Chuy backed up a bit taking me with him. I rolled my eyes and stepped away from him.

"Uhh I don't think that's uh good idea" Justin said and Carmen gave him the your such an idiot face. I give him that face a lot.

"No guts no glory now walk with him how you were before" Max glanced at me then back at Justin as he started walking again.

"Heel Max" Justin said and then I turned to see our Mom standing there looking at us with her hands on her hips.

"Well I do not believe what I am seeing how did you get him to do that" then Carmen interrupted her. "He already knew ma'am he just needed to be reminded" Mom glanced at Carmen then back at me.

"Mom this is Carmen she's Chuys cousin she's uh real good with dogs" Chuy stepped away from me a bit.

"Well I can see that nice to meet you Carmen" then she looked at Chuy who was behind me. "Hi Chuy" Chuy looked up and nodded. Then I picked up the hat from the ground and made my way inside.

"I was thinking we could just give Max to her" Justin said as I sat on the kitchen floor. It broke my heart that he would say such a thing.

"No such luck chuck that's you and your sisters dog but I'm fixin to start super if y'all are hungry your welcome to stay" I heard Carmen agree but Chuy was outta there faster than a lightning bolt.

"Has your sister talked at all" I heard my Mom say as tears threatened to fall.

"Yeah but mostly to Chuy and she said maybe one of two things to Carmen she also talks to Max a lot" I got up without anybody noticing and ran upstairs.

"Hey Jenna where are you" but before my Dad could finish I slammed myself in Kyle's room with the lights off.

Why would Justin even think about giving Max away. Kyle loved him so why can't he.....