16) Hero?

I ran down the stairs and out towards the front yard to find animal control had already arrived to take Max.

Justin had by the leash and was already dragging him towards the van. "Go on" Justin said a couple times before Max finally jumped up into the van.

Tears slipped down my face as I saw Justin hug Max. I just couldnt go over there. Cause if I did I dont think they could pull me away without a couple black eyes.

A man hooked Max's leash up the chain in the back and closed the doors. I put a hand over my mouth refusing to cry in front of all these people. Justin came over and stood by my.

I thought things couldnt get worse, but as I watched my dog stare at us from the back of the van. I took a step forward ready to bolt after them but my brother caught on to what I was going to do and grabbed my waist.

I turned around in his arms and cried into my brothers arms. I cried and cried and cried letting all these tears flow.

Looking back at my Mom and Tyler I saw them look at me and then started a new conversation.

Letting Justin go I wiped my tears. Tyler came over towards us. "It didnt have to end this way" I glared sharply at him. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked to see my Mom. I ripped my arm away afraid to look my own Mother in the eyes.

"Jenna why dont you head over to your Fathers work with Tyler" Mom said putting a hand on Tyler as he tried to hide his smirk.

"No thank you" I whispered.

"Jenna it wasn't a suggestion" she said moving closer to us. I looked at Justin and could see the clear fear in his eyes.

I dragged my feet to Tylers truck. Once I got to the door of the back seat I looked back at my brother. I waved back at him with fear.

To make things worse he had a tear in his eye. Justin barely cried and it broke my heart to see him even if it was just one.

"Get in the truck Jenna" Tyler hissed. I jumped up and slammed the door behind me. He looked back at me in the rearview mirror and shook his head. I waved again at Justin and we were off. "See Jen if I actually trusted you not to tell you could of stayed but you got a loud mouth so I gotta keep an eye on you" he said not even looking back at me. I do not have a loud mouth. Y'all can keep your mouths closed its not true.

Tyler didnt even start speeding until we hit past the block. He raced all the way there not even checking to see if I had a seatbelt on. Jerk. Dont worry I do but still.

"Hey slow down this isnt Fast and Furious bud" he glared back at my and took a sharp left making me bang my head. I hissed and felt my forehead and there was defiantly some blood.

As soon as we hit thebroad leading to the storage units he slowed down. "Get down Jenna" he said turning into the gates.

He parked and looked back at me. "Make a sound and my bullets goin straight threw that pretty little head of yours" I glared but as soon as he got out my face dropped and once again I was terrified.

"Sorry I'm late" he said grabbed his button up.

"Its alright Pam called" my heart sped up at the sound of my Dad's voice. "Wheres Jen" he asked.

"Dropped her at a friends" that little. If he didn't have a weapon id kill that little.

"Just thought id hang out here a little longer yeah but I can't say you didnt warn me" my fists clenched and my jaw tightened.

"Yeah" Tyler said. I peaked up from my position on the floor of the truck to see what was happening.

"Hey did you rent out 17D?" Oh Tyler is so busted. He might be able to threaten me know but wait until my Dad sees me. Tyler is gonna get whats coming and soon.

Tyler repeated it. "Yeah there was a lock on it" you in trouble oo oo you in trouble. I giggled but quickly covered my mouth.

"O-oh thats mine we'll uh a friend of mine is letting me keep some stuff in there I g-guess I shouldve asked" Dad let it pass right over his shoulder. Like seriously he was stuttering non stop. I can't do all the work here.

"He can keep his stuff there as long as he wants as long as he comes in and fills out some papers work and pays whats due" oops well someone I getting suspicious. Mwahahahha. Ok I need to get out of here I'm going a little crazy.

I couldnt hear much any more since they walked away so it was time to plan my escape. I felt around my for something sharp but couldnt find much. The one time I dont have my pocket knife.

I tried to get up but I got really dizzy. It started getting really dark and nobody was coming back. But I started getting super light headed so I clos-sed my eyes justbfor a li-ttle bi...

(At the Wincott House)

Justin was sat up in his room looking out the window. His sister Jenna hadnt been back yet and he was starting to get worried.

"Whats on your mind" Pam asked her husband as he sat at the table. Ray had informed her that she was at a friends and wouldnt be coming home.

"Something just doesnt seem right."

Pam put a couple dishes away not even aware the danger her daughter was in.

"The deputys place is way out there. What were our kids doing so farbout in the woods" Justin could hear everything from upstairs but refused to go down there. His dog was gone and his sister was missing he had no clue what to believe.

"I dont know Ray I told you they wouldnt talk to me" Pam said frustrated. "If you wanna know whats going on especially with Justin I think its time you ask him yourself" She said sitting down at the table with her husband.

Ray went upstairs to find his son sitting on his bed looking outside.

"Justin is there anything you want to tell me" Justin stared at the wall. "About what happened" Justin looked down whispering sorry. "Thats not what I meant" Ray said putting his hands in his pockets and stepping further into the room.

Justin stayed silent not daring to look at his Father. "I've seen you start trouble but ive never seen anything like this" Justin shook his head.

"I guess I'm just not a hero like you, Jen and Kyle" Justin mumbled.

Ray sighed and grabbed Justins desk chair pulling it up to his sons bed. "In 91 my unit got deployed" Justins eyes had hints of tears in as he stared at the wall.

"Saudi Arabia, I just made Sargent and it was my first command and I was excited." he looked at the ground. "That first night we went in and an hour in we took fire, the guy next to me got hit" Justin glared at his Dad as he continued on with his story. He didnt know where he was going with this and he showed little sign of interest.

"I wanted to tell Kyle, I wanted him to know the truth" he looked up his son. "The way that he looked at me, the way that your sister looks at me they looked up to me I just couldnt do it" Ray started to get tears in his eyes.

"A hero always tells the truth no matter what people will think about him or what the consequences are"

Justin Wincott held onto those very words. Soon Jenna Wincott would too and when her father told her the very same story she didnt blame him for it either.

It was the truth and the fact that he told them the truth, that made them closer. Or maybe it was the fear of losing each other. Either way they were closer than ever