14) Weapon Transaction

Emilio kept going in his car not even noticing us. But then we lost him and we're now our only hell is Max's scent trail.

We ended up on the sidenof the road when Max stopped. "Whats up Max did you lose him" Justin asked but then Max took off down a dirt trail into the woods.

It was getting harder to pedle through the woods since we usually go pretty fast. Max looked around then stopped in front of a tree. Justin and i looked around a bit. I heard voices and tried to find where they were coming from.

Justin and I glanced behind us and saw the sheriffs truck drive on the dirt road we were just on moments ago. Tyler was in the passenger seat.
Tyler, even his name made my stomach hurt. Justin and I took off our helmets and planted our bikes on the ground.

I grabbed Max's collar and we all hid behind a fallen tree. We looked towards the dirt road and saw Emilio, Tyler, some guys in suits, and the sheriff.

Max growled at the Sheriffs watch dogs and they turned our way. It looked to be some type of drug deal but with weapons. Some kind of weapons transaction. Justin put his hand on Max's head and told him to be quiet. Who knows the amount of trouble we could get in for this.

Tyler handed one of them a rifle and they started checking it out. "Wheres the rest" one of them asked.

"Stored in a safe place" is all I got from Tyler. Wait didnt Tyler get a storage unit down at our Dads work.
Tyler grabbed the rifle back and gave it back to the sheriff.

Sheriff took it back to the truck and grabbed a bigger gun from the back.

I grabbed Max's collar as he tried to run towards them. "No Max hey, hey shush" Justin had to grab October Max too as I couldn't hold him down on my own. Max whinned gaining more attention from the guard dogs.

One of them started barking and Justin moved us back down the hill towards our bikes. We had a hard time getting Max down there.

I heard a whistle and ran faster towards my bike. I saw one of them coming our way but Max tackled him down. Justin pushed me onto my bike but I couldnt leave Max.

I dropped my bike and kicked the dog away from Max giving Max an us enough time to get on our bikes. Max continued to bark at him when another dog came. I got to my bike but Justin was pushed against a tree.

Max glanced at us before racing off. I tried going after them but Justin grabbed my arm. "We can't leave him" I whispered. I couldnt lose this dog too.

"He'll be fine we gotta get out of here" I nodded and we both raced through the woods. I couldnt help but worry for Max.

I looked to my right and saw Justin flip over on his bike. I jumped off mine and tried to help him up slightly rushing. Justin grabbed my arm and I helped him up.

"Come on lets go hurry" I looked around us to check if the coast was clear. I pulled Justin up and we ran. We kept running till we stopped in front of a road. I sighed seeing a car go by.

Justin was then tackled by Max. We both jumped scared he was one of the other dogs. All three of us climbed onto the road. We quickly crossed over and got Max to sit when this nice lady stopped for us.

"Are y'all okay" she asked concerned.

"No our dogs hurt and we need a ride" I said stepping up to her window.

"Well get him in the back we'll take him to the vet" I smiled at her as Justin opened the back door for Max. I jumped at the tiny dog in the back.

Max climbed in the back and I got in after to him while Justin climbed in the front. I laid my head on Max as the tiny little dog barked the whole time.

"Can I um borrow your phone" Justin asked politely. Justin called Chuy and asked him to come to the vet with some money.

Max licked my arm and I noticed a huge scratch. I petted him behind the ears and moved my arm away.

When we got to the vet we thanked the nice older lady for the ride and ran inside. Chuy and Carmen were already in there and by the time Max got looked at we already had more problems.

"450 dollars" Chuy said not believeing it. I rolled my eyes from my place on the ground next to Max.

"Max is okay and thats what matters" Chuy looked back at Carmen then at me. I quickly wiped a tear before he could see it but i wasnt fast enough. Im just glad nobodys noticed mybaem yet.

"450 dollars" Chuy said again looking back at the receptionist.

"And the 47 cents" Chuys eyes got bigger.

"For shots for a dog man what do you guys charge for a person yo a million" I stood up and smacked the back of Chugs head.

"Chuy how much money did your mom give you" Justin asked.

"Give me the didnt give me jack this is a hundred dollars this is my life's savings" Chuy said holding out his money.

"Your lives savings is a hundred dollars" Justin asked.

"Hey you don't want it" I rolled my eyes and pushed into the middle of the two. I grabbed Chuys money then Justins and tried to give it to her but she refused to release Max without the full payment.

I searched my back pocket for my wallet and searched threw my money.
I pulled out and a hundred but it still wasnt enough.

"Can you just give us time to figure out what we're gonna tell our dad" I asked her. She gave me one of those teachers looks. "Please" I asked holding out the money.

She took the money and I thanked her. "What am I gonna tell him" Justin asked me. I shrugged and sat back down on the floor with Max.

"We're in deep trouble" I mumbled putting my head on Max's and closing my eyes.

"If this has anything to do with Emilio nothing" Chuy said sitting behind me. I put my head in his lap. "We can't do that" I sighed.

"Listen guys family dont mean dirt to him, if you care about me and Carmen then you'll leave us out of it" I sighed.

I grabbed Justins hand. "If your going down I'm going with you" Justin smiled weakly and squeezed my hand.

Today couldn't get worse...or so I thought.