19) Scent trail

(Justins pov)

  We got to my dads work and quickly found our way towards where we knew Tylers storage unit.

  Carmen and Chuy stood behind me as I pulled it open. I groaned when I saw absolutely nothing inside. Which meant they had already moved. Max quickly ran inside and started sniffing everything.

  "What's in there?" Chuy asked.

  "I don't know" I said following Max inside. "Did you find something boy?"

  "Hey found this on the floor" Chuy said showing it to me.

  "What is that" Carmen asked still seated on her bike.

  "Its my Dads holster" perfect, I looked towards Max. "Max...go search" he came towards it and sniffed it. "Go search" i said again and he sprinted off.

  I threw the holster on the ground and ran to the bike. "Man that dog is fast, yo" Chuy said as we tried catching up to Max.

  "Then peddle faster, third wheel" Carmen said. Gotta remind myself to make fun of him later.
__________________________

   We came up to the clearing and turned right. Max was scratching at my Dads work truck.

  I put the bike down and walked towards it. "Hey, Dad, Jen?" I looked inside and neither of them were there. I turned away from it. "Hey, Dad" I shouted. "Jenna" Max walked over towards the grass. He barked before picking something up off the ground.

  I grabbed the bike and towards him before taking it out of his mouth.

  "Hey guys look" I held up the charm braclet Kyle gave Jenna for her birthday. "They were definitely here" I put it in my pocket for safe keeping.

  Max looked at me as I climbed on the bike then took off. "Y'all having second thoughts" I asked them.

   "My second thoughts are having second thoughts" Chuy said.

  "So if we find Jenna and we told her you had second thoughts and left" Carmen said with a smirk.

  "Shut up Carmen" Chuy said making me roll my eyes. Instead of responding I peddled after Max into the dark woods.
______________________

(Jennas pov)

  It was pitch black outside. My Dads pocket knife was behind my back cutting threw this stupid stuff around my wrists. Cause a little girl couldnt be trusted with her hands tied infront of her.

   The ride was extremely bumpy. Especially since there were no seat belt. Oh yeah about an hour ago he moved my Dad up front with the sheriff and shoved me in the back with Emilio and the dogs.

  "Ya know sooner or later the kids gonna find out" the sheriff said. The dog was staring at Emilio and growling. "How far are we planing on taking this?" the Sheriff asked.

  "When a marine hits the beach he never stops and he never looks back" I scoffed at Tyler.

  "You're not a marine" I heard my Dad say from the front. I smirked and then my smirk grew bigger as the rope around my wrists snapped.

  I know that had to hit Tyler hard. He always saw our Dad as his second Dad.

  We turned a sharp corner making the dog slide right into Emilio. I laughed at his scared look making him glare at me. Ha serves you right.
______________________

  (Justins pov)

     It was finally morning after hours of following Max up and down hills and through the trees.