The End(Gerard Way Fanfic)

I stood, alone, as I always am, against a large mahogany dresser in the back room.  The walls were a drab 18th century looking yellow, with white curling flowers all over. I sank to the ground, sitting on the frigid mahogany flooring. It was such a fancy house, much more expensive than to my liking, I mean...I know we were royalty, but really. The voices continued. What were they whispering about? I thought to myself. The whispers went on, low and careful from the next room, like they knew I was listening. But my hearing wasn't all it was cracked up to be, even though I'm only 16. The problem was that I listened to a lot of loud rock and "emo" music. I sigh, and tug slowly on the laces of my tall black Dr. Marten boots. They were probably talking about me, my mom often did. Suddenly I heard a soft knocking at the door. The door creaked open slowly to reveal a tall girl with dark raven hair and shimmering yellow eyes.

"Piper please, I don't want to talk." I grumbled.

The truth was that I had always been jealous of my older sister, she was born with beautiful black hair, and mine...well, It was the color of mustard. Her eyes were a beautiful sunlight yellow, the most unique eye color I had ever seen on a person before, and mine were blue, just blue. My bangs hung over my face, covering it. My face was pale, not from being born a beautiful porcelain like Piper, but from not getting enough sun. Her tall, perfectly curved figure slid next to me, and she sat on the hardwood floor.

"I know you don't want to talk Ivy, you never do." Her silky voice rang into my ears.

"That's because I don't like people." I snapped.

I hadn't meant to be so harsh but Piper took it the wrong way. Her eyebrows curved downward in a concerned scowl.

"I need to get you some friends Ivy, people you can actually talk to." She sighed.

"Who are they whispering about in there?" I changed the subject.

She puzzled for a bit, then sighed.

"How should I know Ivy, I haven't been in there."

I turned away from her perfect face, and mumbled,

"I bet they would let you in, mom always liked you."

Piper gave me a smile like a mother would to a child that was misbehaving.

"Mother loves you just the same as me Ivy." She coaxed.

I scowled at her.

"No Piper, you don't understand. She hates me, she's always telling me to be better than I already am, I mean how much better can I be?!" I raged.

Suddenly I heard a loud, impatient knocking on the door. Of course Piper just had to be the one to answer. She opened the door and a woman marched in with an extremely sober face. She was relatively pretty, with long beautiful black hair and acidic blue eyes. The lines and curves in her face showed that she had aged with time. Her sickly sweet white blouse unevenly matched her expensive rose pencil skirt and too high black heels. This woman, was my mom. She clapped her hands together exuberantly and sighed, looking down at her pathetic, gothic daughter. I glared back at her with a sharp eye. Then she glanced at Piper and it was like I wasn't even there. She smiled happily at her.

"Ah, Piper, it's time for the annual Ball of Ages! You're going to look exceptionally beautiful in that new dress I bought you."

Piper beamed, show off.

"Why thank you mother, I'm looking foreword to it."

Mom smiled and pet Piper's shining hair. It was like watching the TV, I couldn't interact at all and if I did, it wouldn't matter.