Every Last Breath

__________________

Seven years later

__________________

I sat next to Gee, laying my head on his shoulder. We were sitting on the edge of a huge, elegant black and white parade float, watching the tiny, snow-like ash remains blow through the almost black sky, the whole place had some kind of eerie, misty essence to it. I've grown to know the DarkLands, grown to love it even more. I melded right into the beauty of being the Shadow Bride. I smiled and Gee looked down at me.

"What?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"I just love it here. Everyone's so understanding."

He smiled and nodded.

"You say that every day."

I laughed.

"It's true."

He looked out into the sky.

"Are you sure Karma is okay at home with Ash?" Gee asked, he was constantly worrying about her.

I grinned and rolled my eyes, elbowing him and sitting up to see his worried face.

"She's fine Gee. He'll put some meat on her bones."

He snickered.

"Yah, I just love her that's all, I don't want to see her go through the things I went through in my past life."

I sighed, he raked his hazel eyes towards me, rubbing a finger gently against my cheek, it sent a shiver down my spine, I know I was already married to him but he still gave me chills.

"I love her too, I love her as much as you do." I smiled at him.

He grinned, his hazel eyes shining. Karma was born here, like I was. She reminded me a lot of myself, but she had the same young looking face as Gee. She had inky hazel eyes and her hair was long and blonde, even though she was only 3. She was different, just like I was, but everyone seemed to be different here, so she fit right in. My thoughts were interrupted by Gee, who tapped gently on my shoulder. I snapped my head to him.

"Daydreaming again?" He asked.

I smiled, rolling my eyes at him and shoving him lightly. He reached behind his back and pulled out something, rolling it around in his pale white palms. He watched him as he held it out in front of me, a simple red rose, like a beacon in the land of black and white, I took the thorny black stem delicately in my hands, looking up at him.

"Wow." I whispered.

He blushed. I giggled like I was a teenager again.

"Where did you get this?" I asked.

He smiled.

"I made it."

I looked closer at the rose, gently feeling the petals, which were in fact made of light, folded paper. I looked up at him with wide eyes, laughing breathlessly.

"This is gorgeous!" I gushed.

His eyes widened.

"My rose?"

I rolled my eyes.

"No, the sea monkey's."

He raised his eyebrows. I laughed.

"It's a past life thing."

He nodded slowly.

I reached over and wrapped my skinny arms around his shoulders, his black marching band suit was smooth and warm. I sighed, pulling away.

"I freaking love it." I laughed.

He smiled.

I admired the rose's precise detail, my eyes were tracing the lining of the black stem. Then all of a sudden my eyesight started flickering, in and out of blurry vision. I snapped my head up to Gee and his face started to become blurry. I blinked twice, holding my head, my vision only started to get worse, I could barely trace the outlines of my long black dress. I felt a hand on my shoulder, but it seemed distant.

"Ivy...are...you...okay?"

His light voice seemed like a cloud, spacious and far away, I looked back at him and my vision was almost gone,

"I'm...not okay..." I tried to whisper.

Then suddenly I blacked out.

And woke up, with a gun to my head.