Run away with me

I sat at my desk, leaning on my elbow. I would have been waiting for Gee but my windows were barred up. I sighed. All of a sudden I heard knocking on the window. I rushed to it, staring out through the bars. I saw two extremely hazel eyes staring back at me. I was taken aback. He clung to the side of the tower and held a thick metal crowbar in his free hand. Always Gee, always. I laughed. He creaked open the window from the outside and the wind blew through the cracks in the bars. His soft black hair whipped into his face from the wind.

"Hey!" I exclaimed.

He grinned and slipped his hands between the bars, grabbing the metal. I grabbed the crowbar and stuck it through the bars, twisting it as hard as I could. The bars gave way, twisting apart. Gee crawled inside, landing next to me on my windowsill bed. We started giggling. Then I looked up at him with a look of seriousness.

"I thought I would never see you again."

He rolled his incredibly gorgeous eyes.

"Something as fatuous as iron bars isn't going to stop me from coming here."

I laughed.

"Only you would use the word fatuous in everyday life."

He grinned.

"I can't stay away from you." He admitted, I blushed.

"Wow, that was possibly the cheesiest thing anyone's ever said to me."

He laughed and I smiled shortly.

"It's true though, it's like you're the only person I can talk to about everything."

I looked at him.

"Me too. But for you I mean, it would be weird if I talked to myself."

We laughed.

"Did Ash go out to steal today?" I asked.

Gee strained a bit to remember.

"Yah, I think so, a little bit before I came to pick you up, why?"

"I saw him when I went into the kitchen, he got caught, my mom was furious."

Gee gritted his teeth. We waited in comfortable silence for a while. Then I decided to tell him something.

"You know that man from Sophie's story? Cyrus?"

He nodded slowly.

"...well...that's my father."

Gee didn't say anything.

"But...your older sister, she isn't dead, he said he would kill the first born...did you have another sister?"

I puzzled at this as well.

"I know as well as you do, no one's told me about another sibling besides Piper, although...it's like they don't tell me anything these days."

Gee nodded.

"Well, if we ever meet the woodsman, I'll ask him." He joked.

I laughed. I liked the fact that he said 'we'. It was like I was going to be with him for a long time. I would like that.

The next morning I woke up to silence, utter silence. It was very odd. Usually I heard the sounds of the soldiers training outside or my mother screaming about something to her maid. There wasn't a sound. The birds didn't even make a sound. Was everyone still sleeping? Had I gotten up early? Impossible. I wearily looked over at the clock on my radio. 7:45. I groaned. Ewwwwww. I hated getting up early. I had this thing that once I got up, it was impossible for me to go back to sleep again. I rolled over lazily and fell off the windowsill with a clunk. I stood up slowly and scratched my head, my fingers got tangled in my bed-head. I grabbed my black and purple brush from off my desk and ran it through my straight blonde hair. I tossed it into a messy bun. I ruffled it a bit, my bangs fell over my eye. I smiled, satisfied. I dug through my drawers for something to wear. I settled on a dark purple tank top and ripped black jeans. I searched under my old bed to find all of my converse I hid under there. I carefully selected my black high tops, lacing them up.