Revenge is Sweet

I sat on the huge, royal balcony 5 days later. I hadn't spoken to anyone, I hadn't communicated with anyone. I just stayed in my own empty thoughts. I couldn't even manage to keep my style. I wore a ragged black shirt that could fit my dad, and ripped red leggings. My tangled, unmanageable hair blew in the summer wind. I squinted because of the bright sunlight. I couldn't think of anything else but Gerard. He was so young. He talked about death like it was no big deal. I could feel tears escaping my eyes. I also thought about Piper, the only other person I could really trust. She was gone. My sister. I shut my eyes and I let the waterfall flow, setting my head into my pale hands and quietly sobbing. I heard footsteps behind me. I wanted whoever it was to go away. I was sick of people. I couldn't bare see another human face. I bet if I threw myself off this tower right now I would be happier. The person hugged my shaking body. I couldn't even trust my own father without worrying that he would go and tattle to my sick, twisted mother. The first words she said when I came home were, I hate you. I hate you! What kind of a sick human being would say that to their daughter. I pushed the person hugging me away. I couldn't bare to look up. I heard a deep voice.

"The war is over you know." He said.

I didn't answer, he sighed.

"I know it's hard, it's hard for me too, I loved Piper as much as you did."

I sighed through my sobs, I know it was hard for him. I shouldn't be so harsh on my father.

"Do you know why your mother is so hard on you?" He asked.

I scowled, the very thought of that witch brought evil memories to mind.

"Because she was just like you when she was younger, she was a rebel, she never did what she was told, and she broke a new rule every day."

I couldn't think about this any longer.

"Her mother was abusive to her, that's the only way she knows how to take care of you."

I sobbed even more, pushing past my father and shoving myself into the tower. My legs brought me to my room, a place I hadn't been in a long time. I collapsed on the windowsill in a fit of tears. Then I stood up. I couldn't bare to look at the window anymore. So many memories escaped every single little pane. I sat at my desk, facing my drawings. My eyes rested on my sketch of Gerard, I cried into my hands. He looked

so happy, so full of joy. My mind raced back to the day I saw his lifeless form against the forest floor. I scowled, ripping the picture off the wall and tearing it into shreds, they littered the floor. Piper would come in soon enough and clean them up. Then I remembered. Wet tears fell onto the floor as I knelt down, scooping up every single little piece of paper. Everything I did reminded me of one of them. I just eventually ended up on the floor in a fit of tears. This was what Gerard was talking about when he said he was scared of life. He was scared of being alone, being alive, and all alone.

The next day was a funeral. It was Piper's funeral. I got up in the morning from another night of sobbing fits and mindlessly picked out something to wear. Piper would want it to be simple but elegant. I selected a thin, long sleeved black dress with a wide collar. The dress went all the way to the floor. I put on the black, see through veil that covered my eyes. I met my parents at the front door, my mother was in a fit of tears and my father was helping her. I could tell he was close to tears himself. I hugged them and for once, my mother actually accepted. It didn't matter. She still hated me. It was a terrible day out the sky was grey, the wind blew mercifully into our faces. We reached the part of the hill where the funeral took place. It seemed like everyone was crying. The murky silence of it all was perfectly fitting. I could just imagine what Piper would say: it's MUCH to depressing here, don't you agree sister? She would have whispered it in my ear just so that mother wouldn't hear it. I sobbed into my now wet hands. We went over and stood by Emmet Jordan, Piper's soon to be husband. His dark hair was swept neatly across his face. He was crying softly. There were a few people who went up and spoke, I couldn't hear what they were saying. My thoughts blocked out everything else. I kept recalling the good memories I had with my sister, how she used to scold me for stealing the cookies from the kitchen when we were young, only to have her sneak a few for herself. That time when we went on that huge vacation to Hawaii and we kept jumping on the hotel bed even though our parents told us not too. She used to come into my room at night and braid my hair, telling me stories. She sometimes pulled too hard and I would shout at the top of my lungs on purpose. She would shush at me and I would giggle. That was all a long time ago, I was about seven or eight back then. That was back when my mother loved me. The funeral ended when I didn't even realize it. Everyone was somberly walking away, hugging each other and crying. I sobbed, still sitting in my chair alone. As I always am.

That night I sat in my room, on the floor in another fit of tears. My parents were downstairs, probably discussing something or crying. I don't think this will ever end. I just had to accept the fact the they were gone. All I saw when I closed my eyes was Gerard's pale, empty face. I had nothing. I was left with nothing. And it was all Ryder's fault.

Revenge is a silly thing...but quite divine in certain forms. Revenge is something that was always supposed to be carried out with, but never rushed. For Revenge is always best served cold. I do not fully understand the sweet sport of Revenge, but I know it must be done. I could feel it in my heart, my heart burns with sweet Revenge. If one does not carry out Revenge, Revenge can eat a person alive, tear them apart. You must be sure that the Revenge you are carrying out is of devise sports, but still must be bloody. To kill is a small thing compared to the burn, the absolute lust of Revenge. And when the Revenge is done and gone, the joyous feeling is quite underrated. So for this, I simply would like to say:

Three Cheers For The Sweet Revenge.