You're crashing, but you're no wave

I woke up the next morning to a loud bird call from somewhere in the distance. My eyes snapped open and I realized that I wasn't sleeping on my windowsill, I was in the woods. In a tent. Alone. I sat up in surprise and tangled through my messy blond hair. I groaned. I seriously needed a shower. I suddenly heard the noise of sizzling, like someone was cooking outside. Good god I hope it's no one important. I look like a weasel crawled onto my head and made a nest. I lazily unzipped the tent, half asleep. I saw a person sitting there, dressed in a blood red tee and dark black jeans. It was Gee. I suddenly didn't feel so self conscious anymore. He's probably seen worse. He had a frying pan over a small, red and black ashy fire. He was cooking eggs. His hazel eyes watched them intently. When I came out of the tent he looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back.

"Good morning." He greeted.

I walked over to him and stood next to him, watching the eggs sizzle in the pan. Why did he need a frying pan in the woods?

"Whatcha doing?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes as if the answer was obvious, which it actually was.

"Oh, yah know...just tap dancing with the sea monkey."

I started laughing. He snickered. I watched him cook the eggs.

"Eggs make me sick." I whispered in his ear.

He looked up and gave me a look of disapproval, setting a hand on his hip.

"C'mon! I tried to make breakfast! I actually cooked. You have to eat it."

I snickered. I might be able to shovel it down...if I don't start gagging before the second bite. I sat down on a coarse, birch log that just happened to be cut down fairly close to the fire. I watched him cook. Here and there I would hear him cursing at the fire and poking it with an ashen stick he found, just to get the fire cooking. He finally brought the fried eggs over to me and set an egg in front of me, sitting down next to me with his own meal. I looked down at my slightly singed breakfast. The yellow yolk stared up at me like some kind of sloshy, yellow eyeball. Just the thought made me want to hurl. I faced away from it. Gee looked up at me from his egg that he had already taken a bite out of.

"Eat! You need sustenance! You're too skinny!" He ordered.

"But Gee...I want to throw up just looking at it...plus I don't even know what sustenance means..." I whined, cocking my head back in protest.

He rolled his eyes.

"Pretend it's a piece of cheesecake then! That would make it taste twenty times better!"

I groaned, forking down three small bites of egg. It was just as gross as I had imagined. The milky substance slithered down my throat and it left a soft, vinegary taste in the back or my mouth. I shuddered and looked down at the egg, it still stared back at me and I shoved it away, crossing my arms like a little kid. Gee laughed.

"I'll make sure not to make eggs next time." He decided.

I sighed in relief.

"Thank god."

He scowled lightly.

"But they weren't that bad were they? I'm a decent cook."

I smiled at him. It was hard not to.

"You're a marvelous cook." I teased.

He rolled his eyes and shoved me lightly. We laughed.

"Hey! Maybe I can cheer you up from that awful breakfast you had."

I faced him with excitement in my eyes.

"How?" I asked.

He beamed and stood. I don't know where he was going but I intended to find out. I followed him a bit back to the tent.